    out of the office" or "out of town"

    Any help I would be most grateful.

    rl
    Richard, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Richard

    gwtc Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > I use Thunderbird, the latest edition in a POP 3 server. Can anyone
    > instruct me in how I can set my mail to automatically reply like "I'm
    > out of the office" or "out of town"
    >
    > Any help I would be most grateful.
    >
    > rl

    As I understand it, you create the message and save it to template.
    Then you create a filter, from Tools, Message Filter, click on NEW,
    you will in the Top part then for "Perform these Actions" [the bottom
    part} you select "Reply with Template" then select the template you
    want. And thats it.

    I'm sure I confused you. If I did, then let me know and I'll try again.
    gwtc, Jan 31, 2006

  3. Richard

    Ed Mullen Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> I use Thunderbird, the latest edition in a POP 3 server. Can anyone
    >> instruct me in how I can set my mail to automatically reply like "I'm
    >> out of the office" or "out of town"
    >>
    >> Any help I would be most grateful.
    >>
    >> rl

    > As I understand it, you create the message and save it to template. Then
    > you create a filter, from Tools, Message Filter, click on NEW, you will
    > in the Top part then for "Perform these Actions" [the bottom part} you
    > select "Reply with Template" then select the template you want. And
    > thats it.
    >
    > I'm sure I confused you. If I did, then let me know and I'll try again.

    I think the OP wants a reply to be sent automatically when he is away
    from the computer. The answer is:

    This is a function (or not) of your ISP not of your email program.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 31, 2006
  4. Richard

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Richard wrote:
    >>

    >>>I use Thunderbird, the latest edition in a POP 3 server. Can anyone
    >>>instruct me in how I can set my mail to automatically reply like "I'm
    >>>out of the office" or "out of town"
    >>>
    >>>Any help I would be most grateful.
    >>>
    >>>rl

    >>As I understand it, you create the message and save it to template. Then
    >>you create a filter, from Tools, Message Filter, click on NEW, you will
    >>in the Top part then for "Perform these Actions" [the bottom part} you
    >>select "Reply with Template" then select the template you want. And
    >>thats it.
    >>
    >>I'm sure I confused you. If I did, then let me know and I'll try again.

    > I think the OP wants a reply to be sent automatically when he is away
    > from the computer. The answer is:
    >
    > This is a function (or not) of your ISP not of your email program.

    yes, but TB can now do that. The only problem is you have to have it
    turned on and running all the time.
    gwtc, Jan 31, 2006
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > I use Thunderbird, the latest edition in a POP 3 server. Can anyone
    > instruct me in how I can set my mail to automatically reply like "I'm
    > out of the office" or "out of town"
    >
    > Any help I would be most grateful.
    >
    > rl

    thank all of you very much..... I am grateful.... as to what shall I do?
    not sure yet... thanks..
    Richard, Jan 31, 2006
  6. Richard

    Ed Mullen Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> As I understand it, you create the message and save it to template.
    >>> Then you create a filter, from Tools, Message Filter, click on NEW,
    >>> you will in the Top part then for "Perform these Actions" [the bottom
    >>> part} you select "Reply with Template" then select the template you
    >>> want. And thats it.
    >>>
    >>> I'm sure I confused you. If I did, then let me know and I'll try again.

    >> I think the OP wants a reply to be sent automatically when he is away
    >> from the computer. The answer is:
    >>
    >> This is a function (or not) of your ISP not of your email program.
    >>

    > yes, but TB can now do that. The only problem is you have to have it
    > turned on and running all the time.

    Ok, this is exceedingly weird. I got to playing around with templates
    in both SeaMonkey and Tbird. You try this and let me know what happens
    for you.

    1. Open the mail app
    2. Select an email account where the default is to compose in HTML
    3. Compose a new message
    4. Click in the message body pane
    5. Click Format - Page Colors and Background
    6. Browse and select a .jpg image
    7. Close the compose window
    8. Click the Compose/Write button

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 31, 2006
  7. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> I think the OP wants a reply to be sent automatically when he is away
    >>> from the computer. The answer is:
    >>>
    >>> This is a function (or not) of your ISP not of your email program.
    >>>

    >> yes, but TB can now do that. The only problem is you have to have it
    >> turned on and running all the time.

    > Ok, this is exceedingly weird. I got to playing around with templates
    > in both SeaMonkey and Tbird. You try this and let me know what happens
    > for you.
    >
    > 1. Open the mail app
    > 2. Select an email account where the default is to compose in HTML
    > 3. Compose a new message
    > 4. Click in the message body pane
    > 5. Click Format - Page Colors and Background
    > 6. Browse and select a .jpg image
    > 7. Close the compose window
    > 8. Click the Compose/Write button

    Ed, did you perhaps intend this for a thread on
    mozilla.support.thunderbird?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 31, 2006
  8. Richard

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>>I think the OP wants a reply to be sent automatically when he is away
    >>>from the computer. The answer is:
    >>>
    >>>This is a function (or not) of your ISP not of your email program.
    >>>

    >>yes, but TB can now do that. The only problem is you have to have it
    >>turned on and running all the time.

    > Ok, this is exceedingly weird. I got to playing around with templates
    > in both SeaMonkey and Tbird. You try this and let me know what happens
    > for you.
    >
    > 1. Open the mail app
    > 2. Select an email account where the default is to compose in HTML
    > 3. Compose a new message
    > 4. Click in the message body pane
    > 5. Click Format - Page Colors and Background
    > 6. Browse and select a .jpg image
    > 7. Close the compose window
    > 8. Click the Compose/Write button

    6.5. Save as a template.

    TB 1.5: I see what you mean. Interesting! Why does it open the
    template image?

    I haven't tried it in SM yet. I'm waiting. I tried it in Moz 1.7.12
    and it doesn't do that.

    But, I'm a little perplexed Ed. What does all this have to do with
    the OPs question? :-\ Anyways, I'm going to post this in the
    Thunderbird group and see what happens.
    gwtc, Jan 31, 2006
  9. Richard

    Ed Mullen Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> yes, but TB can now do that. The only problem is you have to have it
    >>> turned on and running all the time.

    >> Ok, this is exceedingly weird. I got to playing around with templates
    >> in both SeaMonkey and Tbird. You try this and let me know what
    >> happens for you.
    >>
    >> 1. Open the mail app
    >> 2. Select an email account where the default is to compose in HTML
    >> 3. Compose a new message
    >> 4. Click in the message body pane
    >> 5. Click Format - Page Colors and Background
    >> 6. Browse and select a .jpg image
    >> 7. Close the compose window
    >> 8. Click the Compose/Write button
    >>

    > 6.5. Save as a template.
    >
    > TB 1.5: I see what you mean. Interesting! Why does it open the
    > template image?
    >
    > I haven't tried it in SM yet. I'm waiting. I tried it in Moz 1.7.12
    > and it doesn't do that.
    >
    > But, I'm a little perplexed Ed. What does all this have to do with the
    > OPs question? :-\ Anyways, I'm going to post this in the Thunderbird
    > group and see what happens.

    Sheesh! I have no idea how I managed to put this in the wrong forum
    /and/ the wrong thread! Good grief.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 31, 2006
  10. Richard

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> yes, but TB can now do that. The only problem is you have to have it
    >>> turned on and running all the time.

    >> Ok, this is exceedingly weird. I got to playing around with templates
    >> in both SeaMonkey and Tbird. You try this and let me know what
    >> happens for you.
    >>
    >> 1. Open the mail app
    >> 2. Select an email account where the default is to compose in HTML
    >> 3. Compose a new message
    >> 4. Click in the message body pane
    >> 5. Click Format - Page Colors and Background
    >> 6. Browse and select a .jpg image
    >> 7. Close the compose window
    >> 8. Click the Compose/Write button
    >>

    > Ed, did you perhaps intend this for a thread on
    > mozilla.support.thunderbird?
    >
    > Lee

    Yikes!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 31, 2006
  11. Richard

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>>Ok, this is exceedingly weird. I got to playing around with templates
    >>>in both SeaMonkey and Tbird. You try this and let me know what
    >>>happens for you.
    >>>
    >>>1. Open the mail app
    >>>2. Select an email account where the default is to compose in HTML
    >>>3. Compose a new message
    >>>4. Click in the message body pane
    >>>5. Click Format - Page Colors and Background
    >>>6. Browse and select a .jpg image
    >>>7. Close the compose window
    >>>8. Click the Compose/Write button
    >>>

    >>6.5. Save as a template.
    >>
    >>TB 1.5: I see what you mean. Interesting! Why does it open the
    >>template image?
    >>
    >>I haven't tried it in SM yet. I'm waiting. I tried it in Moz 1.7.12
    >>and it doesn't do that.
    >>
    >>But, I'm a little perplexed Ed. What does all this have to do with the
    >>OPs question? :-\ Anyways, I'm going to post this in the Thunderbird
    >>group and see what happens.

    > Sheesh! I have no idea how I managed to put this in the wrong forum
    > /and/ the wrong thread! Good grief.

    I guess it's SeaMonkey moment! :-D
    gwtc, Jan 31, 2006