    TIA.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Mar 9, 2005

  2. WebWalker

    colin Guest

    "WebWalker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am having problem with this Win 98 machine.
    >
    > In every boot up, it will auto load up the C drive explorer window.
    > Checked spyware and virus.
    > Disable all suspicious programs from auto-startup.
    >
    > The explorer window still appear even I run the Win 98 in safe mode.
    > Any helps?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > --
    > WebWalker

    Check:
    start-up folder
    autoexec.bat
    system.ini
    run `msconfig`>startup

    colin, Mar 9, 2005

  3. WebWalker

    WebWalker Guest

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:07:55 +1100, "colin" <> wrote:

    >Check:
    >start-up folder
    >autoexec.bat
    >system.ini
    >run `msconfig`>startup

    Thanks, I have already tried those.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Mar 9, 2005
  4. WebWalker

    Henry Guest

    I had the same problem, and someone here in this newsgroup provided the
    answer. Open Regedit, and navigate to

    HKEY_CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

    Delete the DesktopProcess registry key.

    The Microsoft KB has the article as number 228502.

    --
    Henry

    Henry, Mar 9, 2005