    Hide , the task bar is locked but each time I reboot the pc the auto
    hide comes into action, and there is a check mark in the box, any
    suggestions would be grateful , TIA

    Paul Butt, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Paul Butt

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Paul Butt, <> wrote:

    > I wonder if someone can answer this , and possibly tell me how to
    > rectify it?

    You tell you how to rectify it. I will not.

    > I am running windows XP and the check is not checked in Auto Hide , the
    > task bar is locked but each time I reboot the pc the auto hide comes into
    > action, and there is a check mark in the box, any suggestions would be
    > grateful , TIA.

    <burp>

    pcbutts1, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Paul Butt

    trout Guest

    Paul Butt wrote:

    > I wonder if someone can answer this , and possibly tell me how to
    > rectify it? I am running windows XP and the check is not checked in
    > Auto Hide , the task bar is locked but each time I reboot the pc the
    > auto hide comes into action, and there is a check mark in the box, any
    > suggestions would be grateful , TIA

    Do you use any anti-spy/adware programs that could be seeing the
    change as a 'usage track' and 'undoing' it?
    --
    One possibility.

    trout, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Paul Butt

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-05, trout <> wrote:
    > Paul Butt wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder if someone can answer this , and possibly tell me how to
    >> rectify it? I am running windows XP and the check is not checked in
    >> Auto Hide , the task bar is locked but each time I reboot the pc the
    >> auto hide comes into action, and there is a check mark in the box, any
    >> suggestions would be grateful , TIA

    > Do you use any anti-spy/adware programs that could be seeing the
    > change as a 'usage track' and 'undoing' it?

    Do you need to do something to 'save current settings' before you log off?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Paul Butt

    Paul Butt Guest

    Whiskers <> wrote in

    > On 2005-09-05, trout <> wrote:
    >> Paul Butt wrote:
    >>
    >>> I wonder if someone can answer this , and possibly tell me how to
    >>> rectify it? I am running windows XP and the check is not checked

    in
    >>> Auto Hide , the task bar is locked but each time I reboot the pc

    the
    >>> auto hide comes into action, and there is a check mark in the

    box,
    >>> any suggestions would be grateful , TIA

    >> Do you use any anti-spy/adware programs that could be seeing

    the
    >> change as a 'usage track' and 'undoing' it?

    > Do you need to do something to 'save current settings' before you

    log
    > off?

    not really its just I was wondering why now it has taken to doing
    this

    Paul Butt, Sep 5, 2005