    if I don't reset a 'timer' after a set period, like a week.

    Any ideas? Thaks in advance.
    , Jan 6, 2004

  2. Night_Seer Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking for a program that will automatically delete a
    > file(folder) on my hard drive after a set time. I already have
    > 'Steganos internet trace destructor.' Any program out there that
    > would any me to set Steganos to automatically destruct a folder after
    > a set time?
    >
    > What I really want is to have the folder on a countdown to destruction
    > if I don't reset a 'timer' after a set period, like a week.
    >
    > Any ideas? Thaks in advance.

    I would find out if Steganos Internet Trace Destructor has any command
    line options to run it without the GUI. Then you can set it to runt hat
    particular command line through the windows task scheduler.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 6, 2004

  3. George Guest

    I must be missing something here (I am NOT familiar with Steganos) -- what
    is wrong with using the task scheduler to run a DOS command to delete the
    file or folder in question? Or, for that matter, how is your suggestion
    different from doing that?

    George, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Guest

    "George" <> wrote:
    > I must be missing something here (I am NOT familiar with Steganos) --
    > what is wrong with using the task scheduler to run a DOS command to
    > delete the file or folder in question? Or, for that matter, how is your
    > suggestion different from doing that?

    With Steganos you can only get it to work manually. You have to choose &
    delete/shred. It can't be set up to do it timed.

    I am searching for a program that can delete/shred a file on it's own
    (at a set time) making it un-recoverable.
    , Jan 7, 2004
  5. Night_Seer Guest

    George wrote:
    > I must be missing something here (I am NOT familiar with Steganos) --
    > what is wrong with using the task scheduler to run a DOS command to
    > delete the file or folder in question? Or, for that matter, how is
    > your suggestion different from doing that?

    I guess its just the stuff that steganos destroys...you could easily go
    and find all of those folders and do it yourself as you suggested.
    Stegnos is like a privacy wipe, gets rid of a bunch of internet stuff,
    like cookies and temp files.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 7, 2004