Auto Connect

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by db, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. db

    db Guest

    I'm sure this is an easy problem for you lot to solve , but I've looked
    everywhere (Help & Support, Google, Kellys etc.) and can't find the answer.

    I'm running Windows XP Home Edition.

    All I want to do is to connect to the internet (Freeserve Broadband not
    dial-up) automatically every time I restart my computer - I use KaZaA lite
    which doesn't seem to be able to connect by itself even though I have set it
    to start at log-on.

    I could include a shortcut to Internet Explorer in the Startup folder (which
    incidentally produces 2 instances of IE [don't ask me why]) but that means I
    have to shut the browser windows down after it connects.

    I hoped a shortcut to my "Alcatel Speedtouch Connection" - in my Network
    Connections folder placed in the Startup folder would do the job, but no.

    I even tried setting my home-page to automatically synchronize every time I
    log on to my computer, but no joy there either.

    I know I'm missing something simple here but what?

    Any help greatly appreciated,

    db.

    db, Aug 27, 2003

  2. db