    second internal hard drive by dragging and dropping using Windows Explorer
    on my WIN XP SP2 computer.

    Any freeware/shareware programs to automate that copying to the second HD?

    Patrick Cleburne, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Patrick Cleburne

    PC Guest

    "Patrick Cleburne" <mgcleburne@csa> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In addition to weekly backups to a CD, I do a daily copy of my data to a
    > second internal hard drive by dragging and dropping using Windows Explorer
    > on my WIN XP SP2 computer.
    >
    > Any freeware/shareware programs to automate that copying to the second HD?

    Patrick

    You already have the tools

    Write a 'batch' file in Notepad then 'Schedule' it to your convenience.

    If you don't know how to write a batch file (Google, it is quite simple
    really) then get a copy of the freeware utility
    "BackItUp" http://web.telia.com/~u32102551/ by Bernt Levinsson

    BackItUp will create the batch file for you and all you then have to do is
    Schedule it.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Patrick Cleburne

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:59:14 -0400, Patrick Cleburne wrote:

    >In addition to weekly backups to a CD, I do a daily copy of my data to a
    >second internal hard drive by dragging and dropping using Windows Explorer
    >on my WIN XP SP2 computer.
    >
    >Any freeware/shareware programs to automate that copying to the second HD?

    Lots.

    The stuff provided with XP doesn't work?
    Start | Help and Support
    Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Backup
    Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Scheduled Tasks

    Me

    why?, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Patrick Cleburne

    Dan Evans Guest

    > Any freeware/shareware programs to automate that copying to the second HD?

    Notepad to do a batch file, then "scheduled tasks" (control panel) to run it
    automatically. Not a perfect system, but one I've used more than once.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Patrick Cleburne

    AGEE Guest

    On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:11:13 +1300, "PC" <> wrote:

    >"Patrick Cleburne" <mgcleburne@csa> wrote in message
    >> In addition to weekly backups to a CD, I do a daily copy of my data to a
    >> second internal hard drive by dragging and dropping using Windows Explorer
    >> on my WIN XP SP2 computer.
    >>
    >> Any freeware/shareware programs to automate that copying to the second HD?
    >>

    >Patrick
    >
    >You already have the tools
    >
    >Write a 'batch' file in Notepad then 'Schedule' it to your convenience.
    >
    >If you don't know how to write a batch file (Google, it is quite simple
    >really) then get a copy of the freeware utility
    >"BackItUp" http://web.telia.com/~u32102551/ by Bernt Levinsson
    >
    >BackItUp will create the batch file for you and all you then have to do is
    >Schedule it.

    there is a little freeware prog called Taskzip. Runs in all windows
    varieties after 95. Timed backups. Incremental and multiple backups.
    Google should find it.

    AGEE, Oct 27, 2005