  1. Ayreh Jones

    Ayreh Jones Guest

    What is "videoaccessactivex.Chl" ?

    Ayreh Jones, Jun 11, 2007

  2. Ayreh Jones

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It is a variant of the Zlob Trojan more commonly called
    Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.AVN trojan. The malware called Spylocked
    installs it. The current version of Remove-it should remove it for you. If
    it does not then the variant has changed. Let me know so I can add it to the
    next update due out in a few days.

    pcbutts1, Jun 11, 2007

  3. Ayreh Jones

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, aj1776
    @CLOTHES.charter.net says...
    > What is "videoaccessactivex.Chl" ?

    Butts can only tell you what he finds in Google - there are 19 hits in
    google for the item you ask about. Please read the reviews in google to
    get a proper answer.

    http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/trojzlobuna.html

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2007
  4. Ayreh Jones

    Ayreh Jones Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > It is a variant of the Zlob Trojan more commonly called
    > Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.AVN trojan. The malware called Spylocked
    > installs it. The current version of Remove-it should remove it for you. If
    > it does not then the variant has changed. Let me know so I can add it to the
    > next update due out in a few days.

    I don't have any software called Spylocked on my puter.
    I do have this in my registry. How did it get there?

    Ayreh Jones, Jun 11, 2007
  5. Ayreh Jones

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It got there by malware, maybe a website you visited. What location in the
    registry is it and how did you discover it?

    pcbutts1, Jun 11, 2007
  6. Ayreh Jones

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, aj1776
    @CLOTHES.charter.net says...
    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >
    > > It is a variant of the Zlob Trojan more commonly called
    > > Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.AVN trojan. The malware called Spylocked
    > > installs it. The current version of Remove-it should remove it for you. If
    > > it does not then the variant has changed. Let me know so I can add it to the
    > > next update due out in a few days.
    > >

    > I don't have any software called Spylocked on my puter.
    > I do have this in my registry. How did it get there?

    You clicked on something that you didn't know was malware.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2007
  7. David H. Lipman, Jun 11, 2007
  8. Ayreh Jones

    Guest

    "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >From: "pcbutts1" <>
    >
    >| It got there by malware, maybe a website you visited. What location in the
    >| registry is it and how did you discover it?
    >|

    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\classes\videoaccessactivex.chl
    >HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\videoaccessactivex.chl
    >
    >What "malware" put it on my puter?

    Do you use IE with ActiveX enabled?
    If so that's the most likely route, you visited a site and ActiveX
    does the rest.

    It even has ActiveX in it's name.

    Start using another browser www.opera.com or www.IE7.com
    --
    Kid Attempts to Steal Steam Account- Gets Completely Owned.
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23914

    , Jun 11, 2007
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 11, 2007
  10. Ayreh Jones

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Re: Troll alert! Author of Remove-IT

    Troll alert! Somebody forgot to change news servers.

    pcbutts1, Jun 12, 2007