    password?

    Kind Regards

    Carl

    Private, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Private

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Private" <> wrote in
    news:u4H2c.1838$re1.1610@newsfe1-win:

    > Hi i have a home network running three machine all running xp pro, is
    > there any scripts or software, where i can only allow certain people
    > to access the internet so they have to enter a username and password?
    >
    > E.g. when they open I.E asked to enter a authenification info username
    > and password?
    >
    > Kind Regards
    >
    > Carl

    No, what you'll need is a NAT router that has MAC filtering for the LAN
    computers that blocks Internet access for the MAC. Also, some routers
    have a url filtering feature that blocks Internet access based on the url
    given.

    You can also use a protected HOST file that will block access to a Domain
    Name by creating an entry in the Host file for the Domain Name and using
    the 127.0.0.1 Loopback IP. The XP O/S will block access to the site.

    You can also use IPsec that's also on the XP O/S and create a SecPol rule
    to block traffic going to Domain Name.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Mar 7, 2004