Authenticate Mac OS X computers with with Windows 802.1x PEAP enabled WLAN

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by RRE, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. RRE

    RRE Guest

    Hi,

    We have implemented a Wireless solution at one of our customers that is
    built on, "Securing Wireless LANs with PEAP and Passwords"
    (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/cryptographyetc/peap_0.mspx).

    This solution is working really all fine at the moment when we use Microsoft
    Windows enabled devices. But since the customer also have a mixed network
    environment containing most of the part of Mac OS X computers and these
    authenticates to the AD (User Authentication Module (UAM)) when working with
    smb shares, we also want them to connect to our Wireless LAN that we have
    built upon the Windows 2003 server platform. How can we add the Mac OS users
    to be able to authenticate their Wi-Fi enabled computers through our secured
    WLAN and IAS/Radius authentication?

    Should we perhaps export/import the used certificates to these devices and
    then configure their Wi-Fi devices for radius authentication?

    Any recommendations of user guidelines etc when it comes to this kind of
    mixed environment mac/Windows is much appreciated!

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Richard

    RRE, Sep 17, 2007