    does it relate to the configuration of a machine not being in a domain , in
    which i assume no machine creds are available, and so the authentication has
    to wait for user logon to initiate ??

    Graham Turner, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Graham Turner

    Stefano Fio Guest

    Graham Turner wrote:
    > would anyone be able to give any more detail on the wireless
    > connection setting;
    >
    > "authenticate as guest when computer or user information is
    > unavailable" ?

    If you use IAS/radius, (in domain or workgroup environment) you could enable
    the guest account and set a Remote access policy, which give limited network
    access for that connection.
    Bye!

    --
    Stefano FIO -
    MCSE Security Windows Server 2K/2K3

    Stefano Fio, Mar 11, 2005

  3. stefano, thanks for post response

    i agreed with your scenario in which guest access would be useful

    what i am trying to get to the bottom of is why my XP / SP2 client is
    apparently generating requests for Guest access to a radius server, given
    that this setting is not enabled

    thanks

    GT

    Graham Turner, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Graham Turner

    Stefano Fio Guest

    Graham Turner wrote:
    > stefano, thanks for post response
    >
    > i agreed with your scenario in which guest access would be useful
    >
    > what i am trying to get to the bottom of is why my XP / SP2 client is
    > apparently generating requests for Guest access to a radius server,
    > given that this setting is not enabled
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > GT

    mmmH! the "authenticate as guest when computer or user information is
    unavailable" is not checked.. right?
    What access point have you got? Cisco Aironet?

    Stefano Fio, Mar 11, 2005
  5. you sound surprised - would you elaborate ??

    the AP is linksys wap54g

    Graham Turner, Mar 11, 2005
  6. Graham Turner

    Stefano Fio Guest

    "Graham Turner" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > you sound surprised - would you elaborate ??
    >
    > the AP is linksys wap54g

    The Guest account on the client is active?

    Stefano Fio, Mar 14, 2005