Australia's got global warming as well.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ian Field, Dec 22, 2010.

  1. Ian Field

    Ian Field Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Ian Field

    MyNews Guest

    MyNews, Dec 22, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Ian Field

    Parko Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:13:28 +0000, Ian Field scrawled:

    > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/

    australia/8213932/Wintry-weather-brings-snow-to-Australia-in-
    midsummer.html

    Shit, eh. Forecast top temp today is 29á¤C (84á¤F), 31á¤C for Xmas. I live a
    lazy 1hr drive from Mt Hotham. Still the *13 yr long drought* we've been
    experiencing has broken ;).

    http://www.theage.com.au/environment/climate-change/facing-the-hard-local-
    realities-of-a-warming-world-20101218-191dn.html


    --
    Windows Live Mail 2011: a pox on all users
    Parko, Dec 22, 2010
    #3
  4. Ian Field

    MyNews Guest

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience...chinesemountainreveals20000prehistoricfossils

    Seems life was completely
    wiped out 250 million years ago by devastating Global Warming.



    "Parko" <> wrote in message
    news:ietpub$7qp$-september.org...
    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:13:28 +0000, Ian Field scrawled:
    >
    >> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/

    > australia/8213932/Wintry-weather-brings-snow-to-Australia-in-
    > midsummer.html
    >
    > Shit, eh. Forecast top temp today is 29á¤C (84á¤F), 31á¤C for Xmas. I live a
    > lazy 1hr drive from Mt Hotham. Still the *13 yr long drought* we've been
    > experiencing has broken ;).
    >
    > http://www.theage.com.au/environment/climate-change/facing-the-hard-local-
    > realities-of-a-warming-world-20101218-191dn.html
    >
    >
    > --
    > Windows Live Mail 2011: a pox on all users


    --
    http://mynews.ath.cx
    MyNews, Dec 22, 2010
    #4
  5. Ian Field

    Parko Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:26:31 -0600, MyNews scrawled:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101222/sc_livescience/

    cacheinchinesemountainreveals20000prehistoricfossils
    >
    > Seems life was completely
    > wiped out 250 million years ago by devastating Global Warming.



    So what's that got to do with anthropomorphic climate change?


    --
    Windows Live Mail 2011: a pox on all users
    Parko, Dec 22, 2010
    #5
  6. Ian Field

    Parko Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:59:00 +0000, Parko scrawled:

    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:26:31 -0600, MyNews scrawled:
    >
    >> http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101222/sc_livescience/

    > cacheinchinesemountainreveals20000prehistoricfossils
    >>
    >> Seems life was completely
    >> wiped out 250 million years ago by devastating Global Warming.

    >
    >
    > So what's that got to do with anthropomorphic climate change?


    Anthopogenic climate change.

    --
    Most climate change deniers get lost after the first syllable.
    Parko, Dec 23, 2010
    #6
  7. Ian Field

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 00:46:07 +0000, Parko wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:59:00 +0000, Parko scrawled:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:26:31 -0600, MyNews scrawled:
    >>
    >>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101222/sc_livescience/

    >> cacheinchinesemountainreveals20000prehistoricfossils
    >>>
    >>> Seems life was completely
    >>> wiped out 250 million years ago by devastating Global Warming.

    >>
    >>
    >> So what's that got to do with anthropomorphic climate change?

    >
    > Anthopogenic climate change.


    Anthropogenic, perhaps?



    --
    Aardvark, Dec 23, 2010
    #7
  8. Ian Field

    Parko Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 01:27:05 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 00:46:07 +0000, Parko wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:59:00 +0000, Parko scrawled:
    >>
    >>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:26:31 -0600, MyNews scrawled:
    >>>
    >>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101222/sc_livescience/
    >>> cacheinchinesemountainreveals20000prehistoricfossils
    >>>>
    >>>> Seems life was completely
    >>>> wiped out 250 million years ago by devastating Global Warming.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> So what's that got to do with anthropomorphic climate change?

    >>
    >> Anthopogenic climate change.

    >
    > Anthropogenic, perhaps?


    Yeah, that. MyNews is probably wondering what ants have to do with
    climate change.

    --
    Oh, bugger!
    Parko, Dec 23, 2010
    #8
  9. Ian Field

    MyNews Guest

    the figure's unknown, but it is usually interpreted as some kind of the
    animals!

    "Parko" <> wrote in message
    news:ieu3c4$o9k$-september.org...
    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:26:31 -0600, MyNews scrawled:
    >
    >> http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101222/sc_livescience/

    > cacheinchinesemountainreveals20000prehistoricfossils
    >>
    >> Seems life was completely
    >> wiped out 250 million years ago by devastating Global Warming.

    >
    >
    > So what's that got to do with anthropomorphic climate change?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Windows Live Mail 2011: a pox on all users


    --
    http://mynews.ath.cx
    MyNews, Dec 23, 2010
    #9
  10. Ian Field

    Respondant Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:13:28 -0000, "Ian Field"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Subject: Australia's got global warming as well.

    >
    > Shit, is THAT why it's called GLOBAL warming?


    In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global warming any
    longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change" (please make a note of
    it) But the answer to your question is, Yes. Why? Because in tree-hugging
    Libtardville up is down, and down is up. That's why snow in summer in OZ,
    combined with most of the northern hemisphere experiencing a deep-freeze
    only 2 days into winter at this point makes perfect sense to them. Forget
    the fact that the last four winters in the northern hemisphere have been
    colder than "normal" (look it up yourself if ya don't believe me) the earth
    is still getting warmer. Hey? They have to have some excuse for wasting
    money on hybrid cars that cost scadjillions of dollars to service, right?

    > Damn, I thought it was just happening here in California.


    The San Andreas fault can't shift hard enough, fast enough, for me. C'mon
    tectonics ... Do yer thing! Hell, if even just So-Cal got destroyed it
    would go a long way toward solving the illegal immigration problem. And as
    a bonus I wouldn't have to hear libtarded actors (who do nothing for 10
    million dollars a film) talk about what a 'crime' it is for CEOs of major
    companies to make the same kinda money on an annual basis. Hopefully, the
    Kardashians, Paris Hilton, lady Gaga, Bon Jovi, the entire cast and
    production company of Bridalplasty, Survivor, American Idol, Oprah, and "Dr"
    Phil will all be in LA at the time "the big one" I've been promised my
    entire life (53 years) hits as well. Talk about social Darwinism. Anybody
    who knowingly and willingly lives on a fault gets exactly what they deserve
    wouldn't you say?

    > :)
    Respondant, Dec 23, 2010
    #10
  11. Ian Field

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:42 -0500, Respondant wrote:

    > In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global warming
    > any longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change"


    And you flat-earther tards fail to understand that it's climate change
    caused by global warming.

    Whether or not it's anthropogenic or not is another matter. It's
    undeniable (at least for those with the vaguest understanding of the
    principles involved) that there is undoubtedly a human contributory
    factor to the change in climate.

    FYI
    HTH
    HAND

    --
    Aardvark, Dec 23, 2010
    #11
  12. Ian Field

    Respondant Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:42 -0500, Respondant wrote:
    >
    >> In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global
    >> warming any longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change"

    >
    > And you flat-earther tards fail to understand that it's climate change
    > caused by global warming.
    >
    > Whether or not it's anthropogenic or not is another matter. It's
    > undeniable (at least for those with the vaguest understanding of the
    > principles involved) that there is undoubtedly a human contributory
    > factor to the change in climate.


    The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

    Hang on. I can fix it.

    <Fires up '62 T-bird with full tank of premium LEADED (don't ask) fuel>

    Ahhh. It's MUCH warmer now on the east coast of the USA thanks to ME!

    Yer welcome.
    Respondant, Dec 23, 2010
    #12
  13. Ian Field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:00:40 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <y8JQo.79295$2>, Aardvark pondered the
    > following:
    >> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:42 -0500, Respondant wrote:
    >>
    >> > In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global
    >> > warming any longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change"

    >>
    >> And you flat-earther tards fail to understand that it's climate change
    >> caused by global warming.
    >>
    >> Whether or not it's anthropogenic or not is another matter. It's
    >> undeniable (at least for those with the vaguest understanding of the
    >> principles involved) that there is undoubtedly a human contributory
    >> factor to the change in climate.
    >>
    >> FYI
    >> HTH
    >> HAND
    >>

    > Heres another interesting article about GLOBAL WARMING! Explains the
    > coledir winters in the Europes
    > http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/12/22-4 Mentions the heat
    > absorbing effect of the now-less ice covered ocean and cold air
    > interaction. But I like the Gulf Stream Slowdown explanation better
    > meself.


    I like the idea that the current angle of the sun's rays make them their
    longest and least powerful for the northern hemisphere. I also like the
    idea that as of December 21 the amount of time the norther hemisphere was
    actually exposed to those very weak sun rays was around 9 hours.
    I also like the idea that now we have passed the Winter Solstice, the
    days will get longer, by about a minute or two each day at first and as
    much as an hour total by the end of January.

    Sounds like winter to me.



    --
    Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse
    Meat Plow, Dec 23, 2010
    #13
  14. Ian Field

    Respondant Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:42 -0500, Respondant wrote:
    >
    >> In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global
    >> warming any longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change"

    >
    > And you flat-earther tards fail to understand that it's climate change
    > caused by global warming.
    >
    > Whether or not it's anthropogenic or not is another matter. It's
    > undeniable


    For every legitimate cite you can give me that global warming (not climate
    change) is "undeniable", I'll serve you back a legitimate cite that says it
    isn't. Or are YOU the ultimate authority on the matter? If you were, you
    would grasp the fact that earth has been undergoing "climate changes" for
    billions of years. To think we mere mortals could have ANY effect on what
    earth does in ANY way is POMPOUS at worst, and STUPID at least..

    > (at least for those with the vaguest understanding of the
    > principles involved) that there is undoubtedly a human contributory
    > factor to the change in climate.


    So what makes YOUR understanding less vague than mine?

    Face it. ALL we BOTH have is an opinion on the issue. No?
    Respondant, Dec 23, 2010
    #14
  15. Ian Field

    Ian Field Guest

    "Respondant" <> wrote in message
    news:ievtmi$mn8$...
    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:42 -0500, Respondant wrote:
    >>
    >>> In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global
    >>> warming any longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change"

    >>
    >> And you flat-earther tards fail to understand that it's climate change
    >> caused by global warming.
    >>
    >> Whether or not it's anthropogenic or not is another matter. It's
    >> undeniable (at least for those with the vaguest understanding of the
    >> principles involved) that there is undoubtedly a human contributory
    >> factor to the change in climate.

    >
    > The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
    >
    > Hang on. I can fix it.
    >
    > <Fires up '62 T-bird with full tank of premium LEADED


    Try looking up the facts & figures for the hundreds of thousands of tons of
    lead purchased anually by the oil companies for America alone - this
    quantity of lead was pumped into the atmosphere as particulates for us all
    to breathe, as well as settling on agricultural land and getting into the
    food chain.

    Its a proven fact that lead poisoning causes brain damage.

    Apart from lead - particulates in general seed smaller and more numerous
    water droplets in the upper atmosphere, these are more reflective than the
    larger and fewer droplets seeded by pollen and reflect more of the sun's
    heat back out to space

    We didn't have global warming in the steam era when everything run on dirty
    stinky coal - the crazy obsession with reducing pollution is accelerating
    the problem not improving it!
    Ian Field, Dec 23, 2010
    #15
  16. Ian Field

    Mr Pounder Guest

    Mr Pounder, Dec 23, 2010
    #16
  17. Ian Field

    Respondant Guest

    Ian Field wrote:
    > "Respondant" <> wrote in message
    > news:ievtmi$mn8$...
    >> Aardvark wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:42 -0500, Respondant wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global
    >>>> warming any longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change"
    >>>
    >>> And you flat-earther tards fail to understand that it's climate
    >>> change caused by global warming.
    >>>
    >>> Whether or not it's anthropogenic or not is another matter. It's
    >>> undeniable (at least for those with the vaguest understanding of the
    >>> principles involved) that there is undoubtedly a human contributory
    >>> factor to the change in climate.

    >>
    >> The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
    >>
    >> Hang on. I can fix it.
    >>
    >> <Fires up '62 T-bird with full tank of premium LEADED

    >
    > Try looking up the facts & figures for the hundreds of thousands of
    > tons of lead purchased anually by the oil companies for America alone
    > - this quantity of lead was pumped into the atmosphere as
    > particulates for us all to breathe, as well as settling on
    > agricultural land and getting into the food chain.
    >
    > Its a proven fact that lead poisoning causes brain damage.
    >
    > Apart from lead - particulates in general seed smaller and more
    > numerous water droplets in the upper atmosphere, these are more
    > reflective than the larger and fewer droplets seeded by pollen and
    > reflect more of the sun's heat back out to space
    >
    > We didn't have global warming in the steam era when everything run on
    > dirty stinky coal - the crazy obsession with reducing pollution is
    > accelerating the problem not improving it!


    Here's what I believe .... There is NO SUCH THING as (man made) global
    warming. The earth will do as it's aways done. There will be millions of
    years in the future where it's covered in glaciers, and millions of years to
    come when it warms up again. Same as it ever was. To think "man" can
    change that is well...... I already gave my opinion on it. It's either
    pompous or stupid. Take your pick.
    Respondant, Dec 23, 2010
    #17
  18. Ian Field

    Respondant Guest

    Mr Pounder wrote:
    > "Ian Field" <> wrote in message
    > news:gdrQo.78987$2...
    >>
    >>
    >> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...er-brings-snow-to-Australia-in-midsummer.html
    >>
    >> Who gives a brass shit about Australia?

    >
    > Mr Pounder


    The idiots who insist "global warming" is real. Otherwise, why are they
    trying to 'spin' the FACT that it's snowing there in the middle of summer
    inoto something that makes some kind of sense? As if that's possible.

    Up is down, and down is up.

    It's the libtard way
    Respondant, Dec 23, 2010
    #18
  19. Aardvark <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:20:42 -0500, Respondant wrote:
    >
    >> In case you missed it, those tards aren't even calling it global warming
    >> any longer. It's now referred to as "Climate Change"

    >
    >And you flat-earther tards fail to understand that it's climate change
    >caused by global warming.
    >
    >Whether or not it's anthropogenic or not is another matter. It's
    >undeniable (at least for those with the vaguest understanding of the
    >principles involved) that there is undoubtedly a human contributory
    >factor to the change in climate.
    >
    >FYI
    >HTH
    >HAND


    Someone desperately needs to see a psychiatrist. Being led around &
    about, by way of some brass ring through the nose (is it comfortable?)
    is no way to go through life, son.
    Codswallop Balderdash, Dec 23, 2010
    #19
  20. Ian Field

    totfit Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:10:48 -0500, Respondant wrote:

    > or every legitimate cite you can give me that global warming (not
    > climate change) is "undeniable", I'll serve you back a legitimate cite
    > that says it isn't. Or are YOU the ultimate authority on the matter?
    > If you were, you would grasp the fact that earth has been undergoing
    > "climate changes" for billions of years. To think we mere mortals could
    > have ANY effect on what earth does in ANY way is POMPOUS at worst, and
    > STUPID at least..


    Really, the only STUPID thing is denying science. Is it too hard to
    believe that mortals can have an effect on the earth because "God's Plan"
    is otherwise. What is really POMPOUS is that we can do anything we want
    forever and will have no effect on climate, resources, or health of our
    environment. I guess ignorance is bliss, so at least you are happy.
    totfit, Dec 23, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Hoffa
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    670
    Hoffa
    Oct 25, 2006
  2. Hoffa
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,406
    Walter Roberson
    Oct 25, 2006
  3. Prof.Doogle

    Usenet is adding to global warming...

    Prof.Doogle, Nov 29, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    46
    Views:
    1,070
    Txt.Medium No. 5
    Dec 3, 2005
  4. Old Gringo

    Global warming blakets the US

    Old Gringo, Dec 9, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    369
    Mr. Foster Freeze
    Dec 9, 2005
  5. frank

    global warming at it again

    frank, Dec 12, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    409
    Mr. Foster Freeze
    Dec 13, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page