    TIA,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 19, 2007

  2. ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ agent is
    > looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will be expensive as,
    > when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this" they said they've not
    > been asked for it before. Consequently I'm concerned that my US$5 item might
    > be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >
    > I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought from
    > Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >
    > Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this stage I
    > thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and how they rate
    > them.
    >
    > All input greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA,

    What are you after, my asian sources may be useful
    collector«NZ, Nov 19, 2007

  3. ~misfit~

    Malcolm Guest

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:05:04 +1300
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    > I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    > agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will
    > be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this"
    > they said they've not been asked for it before. Consequently I'm
    > concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >
    > I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    > from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >
    > Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    > stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and
    > how they rate them.
    >
    > All input greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA,

    Hi ~misfit~
    What are you after?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    Malcolm, Nov 19, 2007
  4. ~misfit~

    thingy Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ agent is
    > looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will be expensive as,
    > when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this" they said they've not
    > been asked for it before. Consequently I'm concerned that my US$5 item might
    > be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >
    > I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought from
    > Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >
    > Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this stage I
    > thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and how they rate
    > them.
    >
    > All input greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA,

    I tried to get a motherboard in NZ I wanted and failed, no one could be
    bothered..... I eventually found one (and yes I mean one) OZ company who
    would ship, but the $62AU board was going to cost $55AU to
    ship....fortunately my parents visited Adelaide and picked it up for me
    for free (delivery was 2 hours from notice, now thats service)....I know
    have a nice wee AGP board running an AMD6000x2 CPU with my 7600GT..plays
    SC well....

    Funny but I come across attitude's of could not care less from NZ
    companies time and time again....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Nov 19, 2007
  5. ~misfit~

    Brian Adams Guest

    wrote:

    >I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ agent is
    >looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will be expensive as,
    >when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this" they said they've not
    >been asked for it before. Consequently I'm concerned that my US$5 item might
    >be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >
    >I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought from
    >Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >
    >Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this stage I
    >thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and how they rate
    >them.
    >
    >All input greatly appreciated.
    >
    >TIA,

    All te OZZ firms that I have contacted in the past will not remove the OZZY
    Tax, just to hard to do.
    Brian Adams, Nov 20, 2007
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Malcolm typed:
    > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:05:04 +1300
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    >> agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will
    >> be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this"
    >> they said they've not been asked for it before. Consequently I'm
    >> concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >>
    >> I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    >> from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>
    >> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    >> stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and
    >> how they rate them.
    >>
    >> All input greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA,

    > Hi ~misfit~
    > What are you after?

    Hi Malcolm (and Collector),

    I'm looking for one of these:

    http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_support_installation_lga775_kit_new.htm

    and it seems that the NZ agent (OC NZ) has never had a request for one
    before. I'm wanting one as my Thermaltake Mini Typhoon uses those same silly
    plastic clips as the Intel stock HS, is all copper, 500g and a lot of the
    weight is further from the mobo, meaning more leverage on the clips. I
    plugged in a case fan the other day and *just* brushed against the HS and a
    clip popped out (while it was running, thank Intel for their thermal
    protection, the PC just stopped).

    With any luck they won't ask a silly price but still, if there's little
    demand for something a one-off can get expensive.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2007
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb collector«NZ typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    >> agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will
    >> be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about
    >> this" they said they've not been asked for it before. Consequently
    >> I'm concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to me at a crazy
    >> price. I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    >> from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>
    >> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    >> stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store
    >> and how they rate them.
    >>
    >> All input greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA,

    > What are you after, my asian sources may be useful

    Hi buddy,

    See my reply to Malcolm.
    --
    Cheers,
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2007
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    >> agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will
    >> be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about
    >> this" they said they've not been asked for it before. Consequently
    >> I'm concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to me at a crazy
    >> price. I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    >> from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>
    >> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    >> stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store
    >> and how they rate them.
    >>
    >> All input greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA,

    > I tried to get a motherboard in NZ I wanted and failed, no one could
    > be bothered..... I eventually found one (and yes I mean one) OZ
    > company who would ship, but the $62AU board was going to cost $55AU to
    > ship....

    Sweet baby Jesus!

    >fortunately my parents visited Adelaide and picked it up for
    > me for free (delivery was 2 hours from notice, now thats
    > service)....I know have a nice wee AGP board running an AMD6000x2 CPU
    > with my 7600GT..plays SC well....

    Nice.

    > Funny but I come across attitude's of could not care less from NZ
    > companies time and time again....

    Tell me about it! I'm trying to find out who the NZ agent for iCute is as I
    have an iCute case (S901) with a 25cm, 500rpm fan in the side.

    Middle case in this short review:
    <http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/reviews/56FC71DAD9E5C67BCC2571ED000C70D2>

    It's bloody excellent. However, it has 9 x 5 1/4" bays down the front and
    rails to fit HDDs with one 12cm fan and bracket to cool the HDDs. I asked
    ZCom in email for a price for two more sets of rails, another front fan and
    bracket (so I can fit more HHDs, I've used a set of rails for a floppy. My
    mobo has 6 SATA connectors internally, (Intel ICH9R) maybe I'll go the RAID
    way one day) and a spare 25cm side fan (just in case this one ever dies).

    The reply? Two pairs of rails and another front fan/bracket is $76! (the
    whole case was only $120 and came with 4 sets) and they tell me they don't
    have spare 25cm fans. I asked if they were the NZ agents and, if not, who is
    and I've not had a reply since. It's been a week.

    I'd save a bit and buy a whole case for spares as I like it so much.
    However, if I did that you can be sure I'd end up using it for another of my
    PCs. <g>
    I just hope that the 25cm fan lasts a long time. It should <fingers crossed>
    as it runs so slowly. However, it's big and the blades look fragile....
    Accidents happen, especially when you're constantly messing around inside
    the PC like me.
    --
    Cheers,
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2007
  9. ~misfit~

    Allistar Guest

    Brian Adams wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:05:04 +1300, "~misfit~" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ agent is
    >>looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will be expensive
    >>as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this" they said they've
    >>not been asked for it before. Consequently I'm concerned that my US$5 item
    >>might be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >>
    >>I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought from
    >>Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>
    >>Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this stage I
    >>thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and how they
    >>rate them.
    >>
    >>All input greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>TIA,

    > All te OZZ firms that I have contacted in the past will not remove the
    > OZZY Tax, just to hard to do.

    I've had no problems with Australian GST being removed from items they ship
    here. I haven't done it much, but I had a 17" LCD screen shipped over here
    and the tax was taken off. (Cost me $1000NZ for a 17", back when they were
    just coming out, now it's a sad dog compared to my others).
    --
    A.
    Allistar, Nov 20, 2007
  10. ~misfit~

    thingy Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > Brian Adams wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:05:04 +1300, "~misfit~" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ agent is
    >>> looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will be expensive
    >>> as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this" they said they've
    >>> not been asked for it before. Consequently I'm concerned that my US$5 item
    >>> might be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >>>
    >>> I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought from
    >>> Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>>
    >>> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this stage I
    >>> thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and how they
    >>> rate them.
    >>>
    >>> All input greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> TIA,

    >> All te OZZ firms that I have contacted in the past will not remove the
    >> OZZY Tax, just to hard to do.

    > I've had no problems with Australian GST being removed from items they ship
    > here. I haven't done it much, but I had a 17" LCD screen shipped over here
    > and the tax was taken off. (Cost me $1000NZ for a 17", back when they were
    > just coming out, now it's a sad dog compared to my others).

    me neither....my parents picked up a motherboard for me and it was tax
    free....

    regards

    thing
    thingy, Nov 20, 2007
  11. ~misfit~

    thingy Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    >>> agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will
    >>> be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about
    >>> this" they said they've not been asked for it before. Consequently
    >>> I'm concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to me at a crazy
    >>> price. I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    >>> from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>>
    >>> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    >>> stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store
    >>> and how they rate them.
    >>>
    >>> All input greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> TIA,

    >> I tried to get a motherboard in NZ I wanted and failed, no one could
    >> be bothered..... I eventually found one (and yes I mean one) OZ
    >> company who would ship, but the $62AU board was going to cost $55AU to
    >> ship....

    > Sweet baby Jesus!
    >
    >> fortunately my parents visited Adelaide and picked it up for
    >> me for free (delivery was 2 hours from notice, now thats
    >> service)....I know have a nice wee AGP board running an AMD6000x2 CPU
    >> with my 7600GT..plays SC well....

    > Nice.
    >
    >> Funny but I come across attitude's of could not care less from NZ
    >> companies time and time again....

    > Tell me about it! I'm trying to find out who the NZ agent for iCute is as I
    > have an iCute case (S901) with a 25cm, 500rpm fan in the side.
    >
    > Middle case in this short review:
    > <http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/reviews/56FC71DAD9E5C67BCC2571ED000C70D2>
    >
    > It's bloody excellent. However, it has 9 x 5 1/4" bays down the front and
    > rails to fit HDDs with one 12cm fan and bracket to cool the HDDs. I asked
    > ZCom in email for a price for two more sets of rails, another front fan and
    > bracket (so I can fit more HHDs, I've used a set of rails for a floppy. My
    > mobo has 6 SATA connectors internally, (Intel ICH9R) maybe I'll go the RAID
    > way one day) and a spare 25cm side fan (just in case this one ever dies).
    >
    > The reply? Two pairs of rails and another front fan/bracket is $76! (the
    > whole case was only $120 and came with 4 sets) and they tell me they don't
    > have spare 25cm fans. I asked if they were the NZ agents and, if not, who is
    > and I've not had a reply since. It's been a week.
    >
    > I'd save a bit and buy a whole case for spares as I like it so much.
    > However, if I did that you can be sure I'd end up using it for another of my
    > PCs. <g>
    > I just hope that the 25cm fan lasts a long time. It should <fingers crossed>
    > as it runs so slowly. However, it's big and the blades look fragile....
    > Accidents happen, especially when you're constantly messing around inside
    > the PC like me.

    Bugger, that is a case I'd like for my wee file server.....lots of front
    bays in what looks like a mid-tower case (I have a height restriction,
    and low cost)....ie I need at least 6 bays ....but I'd love 8....

    regards

    thing
    thingy, Nov 20, 2007
  12. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:

    >>> I tried to get a motherboard in NZ I wanted and failed, no one could
    >>> be bothered..... I eventually found one (and yes I mean one) OZ
    >>> company who would ship, but the $62AU board was going to cost $55AU
    >>> to ship....

    >> Sweet baby Jesus!
    >>
    >>> fortunately my parents visited Adelaide and picked it up for
    >>> me for free (delivery was 2 hours from notice, now thats
    >>> service)....I know have a nice wee AGP board running an AMD6000x2
    >>> CPU with my 7600GT..plays SC well....

    >> Nice.
    >>
    >>> Funny but I come across attitude's of could not care less from NZ
    >>> companies time and time again....

    >> Tell me about it! I'm trying to find out who the NZ agent for iCute
    >> is as I have an iCute case (S901) with a 25cm, 500rpm fan in the
    >> side. Middle case in this short review:
    >> <http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/reviews/56FC71DAD9E5C67BCC2571ED000C70D2>
    >>
    >> It's bloody excellent. However, it has 9 x 5 1/4" bays down the
    >> front and rails to fit HDDs with one 12cm fan and bracket to cool
    >> the HDDs. I asked ZCom in email for a price for two more sets of
    >> rails, another front fan and bracket (so I can fit more HHDs, I've
    >> used a set of rails for a floppy. My mobo has 6 SATA connectors
    >> internally, (Intel ICH9R) maybe I'll go the RAID way one day) and a
    >> spare 25cm side fan (just in case this one ever dies). The reply? Two
    >> pairs of rails and another front fan/bracket is $76!
    >> (the whole case was only $120 and came with 4 sets) and they tell me
    >> they don't have spare 25cm fans. I asked if they were the NZ agents
    >> and, if not, who is and I've not had a reply since. It's been a week.
    >>
    >> I'd save a bit and buy a whole case for spares as I like it so much.
    >> However, if I did that you can be sure I'd end up using it for
    >> another of my PCs. <g>
    >> I just hope that the 25cm fan lasts a long time. It should <fingers
    >> crossed> as it runs so slowly. However, it's big and the blades look
    >> fragile.... Accidents happen, especially when you're constantly
    >> messing around inside the PC like me.

    > Bugger, that is a case I'd like for my wee file server.....lots of
    > front bays in what looks like a mid-tower case (I have a height
    > restriction, and low cost)

    It's just under 440mm high.

    >....ie I need at least 6 bays ....but I'd
    > love 8....

    You have nine with this case if you don't use an optical drive. The only
    trouble is you only have rails for four. Also the front fan only blows over
    three. I guess you could easilly fabricate some rails rather than pay ZCom
    $14 + GST and P&P for each pair.

    However..... The front is all perforated so if you were to block the back
    vents then all the air that the 25cm fan pushes into the case would have to
    come out past the HDDs. (I can feel it blowing out below my DVDRW drive as
    it is) That would be fine I'd think for a file servers that isn't using a
    space-heater CPU.

    I love this case, and the price is excellent.
    --
    TTFN,

    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2007
  13. ~misfit~

    Malcolm Guest

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:15:17 +1300
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    > Somewhere on teh interweb Malcolm typed:
    > > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:05:04 +1300
    > > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    > >> agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it
    > >> will be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries
    > >> about this" they said they've not been asked for it before.
    > >> Consequently I'm concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to
    > >> me at a crazy price.
    > >>
    > >> I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    > >> from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    > >>
    > >> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    > >> stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store
    > >> and how they rate them.
    > >>
    > >> All input greatly appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> TIA,

    > > Hi ~misfit~
    > > What are you after?

    > Hi Malcolm (and Collector),
    >
    > I'm looking for one of these:
    >
    > http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_support_installation_lga775_kit_new.htm
    >
    > and it seems that the NZ agent (OC NZ) has never had a request for
    > one before. I'm wanting one as my Thermaltake Mini Typhoon uses those
    > same silly plastic clips as the Intel stock HS, is all copper, 500g
    > and a lot of the weight is further from the mobo, meaning more
    > leverage on the clips. I plugged in a case fan the other day and
    > *just* brushed against the HS and a clip popped out (while it was
    > running, thank Intel for their thermal protection, the PC just
    > stopped).
    >
    > With any luck they won't ask a silly price but still, if there's
    > little demand for something a one-off can get expensive.
    >
    > Cheers,

    This is it, yes?
    http://www.svc.com/lga775-bolt-th.html

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    Malcolm, Nov 20, 2007
  14. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ agent is
    > looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will be expensive as,
    > when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about this" they said they've not
    > been asked for it before. Consequently I'm concerned that my US$5 item might
    > be offered to me at a crazy price.
    >
    > I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought from
    > Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >
    > Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this stage I
    > thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store and how they rate
    > them.

    Mate was looking for a specific soundcard since it would do bit accurate
    44.1k and autoswitch to 48k when needed and back when done, had no end
    of problems trying to get one from aussie, they wouldnt take paypal for
    payment at all, not a foregn credit card, and not a domestic aussie card
    when shipped overseas.
    Richard, Nov 20, 2007
  15. ~misfit~

    thingy Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    >>> agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will
    >>> be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about
    >>> this" they said they've not been asked for it before. Consequently
    >>> I'm concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to me at a crazy
    >>> price. I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    >>> from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>>
    >>> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    >>> stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store
    >>> and how they rate them.
    >>>
    >>> All input greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> TIA,

    >> I tried to get a motherboard in NZ I wanted and failed, no one could
    >> be bothered..... I eventually found one (and yes I mean one) OZ
    >> company who would ship, but the $62AU board was going to cost $55AU to
    >> ship....

    > Sweet baby Jesus!
    >
    >> fortunately my parents visited Adelaide and picked it up for
    >> me for free (delivery was 2 hours from notice, now thats
    >> service)....I know have a nice wee AGP board running an AMD6000x2 CPU
    >> with my 7600GT..plays SC well....

    > Nice.
    >
    >> Funny but I come across attitude's of could not care less from NZ
    >> companies time and time again....

    > Tell me about it! I'm trying to find out who the NZ agent for iCute is as I
    > have an iCute case (S901) with a 25cm, 500rpm fan in the side.
    >
    > Middle case in this short review:
    > <http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/reviews/56FC71DAD9E5C67BCC2571ED000C70D2>

    I rather like this one,

    http://www.antec.com/ec/productDetails.php?ProdID=08009

    but at $300 its a bit much for me....3 speed fan control....

    :/

    NB it is worth having a peak for the video clip and 360deg animation,
    shows it off well....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Nov 20, 2007
  16. ~misfit~

    thingy Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:

    >>> Sweet baby Jesus!

    >>> Nice.

    >>> Tell me about it! I'm trying to find out who the NZ agent for iCute
    >>> is as I have an iCute case (S901) with a 25cm, 500rpm fan in the
    >>> side. Middle case in this short review:
    >>> <http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/reviews/56FC71DAD9E5C67BCC2571ED000C70D2>
    >>>
    >>> It's bloody excellent. However, it has 9 x 5 1/4" bays down the
    >>> front and rails to fit HDDs with one 12cm fan and bracket to cool
    >>> the HDDs. I asked ZCom in email for a price for two more sets of
    >>> rails, another front fan and bracket (so I can fit more HHDs, I've
    >>> used a set of rails for a floppy. My mobo has 6 SATA connectors
    >>> internally, (Intel ICH9R) maybe I'll go the RAID way one day) and a
    >>> spare 25cm side fan (just in case this one ever dies). The reply? Two
    >>> pairs of rails and another front fan/bracket is $76!
    >>> (the whole case was only $120 and came with 4 sets) and they tell me
    >>> they don't have spare 25cm fans. I asked if they were the NZ agents
    >>> and, if not, who is and I've not had a reply since. It's been a week.
    >>>
    >>> I'd save a bit and buy a whole case for spares as I like it so much.
    >>> However, if I did that you can be sure I'd end up using it for
    >>> another of my PCs. <g>
    >>> I just hope that the 25cm fan lasts a long time. It should <fingers
    >>> crossed> as it runs so slowly. However, it's big and the blades look
    >>> fragile.... Accidents happen, especially when you're constantly
    >>> messing around inside the PC like me.

    >> Bugger, that is a case I'd like for my wee file server.....lots of
    >> front bays in what looks like a mid-tower case (I have a height
    >> restriction, and low cost)

    > It's just under 440mm high.
    >
    >> ....ie I need at least 6 bays ....but I'd
    >> love 8....

    > You have nine with this case if you don't use an optical drive. The only
    > trouble is you only have rails for four. Also the front fan only blows over
    > three. I guess you could easilly fabricate some rails rather than pay ZCom
    > $14 + GST and P&P for each pair.
    >
    > However..... The front is all perforated so if you were to block the back
    > vents then all the air that the 25cm fan pushes into the case would have to
    > come out past the HDDs. (I can feel it blowing out below my DVDRW drive as
    > it is) That would be fine I'd think for a file servers that isn't using a
    > space-heater CPU.
    >
    > I love this case, and the price is excellent.

    yeah, $120 is OK.....for me, $300 is a bit much for something sitting in
    a dark corner I dont look at for months.....

    Bays, I need one for optical, a 3 bay for the scsi bay (which holds 5
    hotswap scsi disks, though I only have 3) and then pairs for ide so that
    would be 4 x 300 in a R5 ~ nice expansion (OK so I can dream).....or use
    1 pair for 2 x 320ide's and another pair for dvds with 8gig dl disks for
    the long term non-changing storage....so 8 bays is very nice....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Nov 20, 2007
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Malcolm typed:
    > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:15:17 +1300
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh interweb Malcolm typed:

    >>> Hi ~misfit~
    >>> What are you after?

    >> Hi Malcolm (and Collector),
    >>
    >> I'm looking for one of these:
    >>
    >> http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_support_installation_lga775_kit_new.htm
    >>
    >> and it seems that the NZ agent (OC NZ) has never had a request for
    >> one before. I'm wanting one as my Thermaltake Mini Typhoon uses those
    >> same silly plastic clips as the Intel stock HS, is all copper, 500g
    >> and a lot of the weight is further from the mobo, meaning more
    >> leverage on the clips. I plugged in a case fan the other day and
    >> *just* brushed against the HS and a clip popped out (while it was
    >> running, thank Intel for their thermal protection, the PC just
    >> stopped).
    >>
    >> With any luck they won't ask a silly price but still, if there's
    >> little demand for something a one-off can get expensive.
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > This is it, yes?
    > http://www.svc.com/lga775-bolt-th.html

    That looks like the same thing, yes. I *really* dislike trusting my CPU to
    bits of plastic that push through holes in the mobo.
    --
    Cheers,

    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2007
  18. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Richard typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> I'm after a bit of PC hardware that isn't available in NZ. The NZ
    >> agent is looking into getting it for me, however I fear that it will
    >> be expensive as, when I said "Surely you've had enquiries about
    >> this" they said they've not been asked for it before. Consequently
    >> I'm concerned that my US$5 item might be offered to me at a crazy
    >> price. I remember reading here more than once about hardware being bought
    >> from Australia and shipped over, often saving money in the process.
    >>
    >> Rather than try to find stores who will ship to NZ myself, at this
    >> stage I thought I'd ask here for input into who's used what store
    >> and how they rate them.

    > Mate was looking for a specific soundcard since it would do bit
    > accurate 44.1k and autoswitch to 48k when needed and back when done, had
    > no end
    > of problems trying to get one from aussie, they wouldnt take paypal
    > for payment at all, not a foregn credit card, and not a domestic
    > aussie card when shipped overseas.

    Sheee-it! So we really are at the mercy of our local suppliers then. The
    range of product here is paltry compared with what I see advertised
    elsewhere. Most US outfits won't ship here, or if they do they want an arm,
    a leg *and* a testicle in payment.

    I'll just have to see what happens with the outfits where I've enquired.
    --
    TTFN,

    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2007
  19. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh interweb thingy typed:

    >>> I tried to get a motherboard in NZ I wanted and failed, no one could
    >>> be bothered..... I eventually found one (and yes I mean one) OZ
    >>> company who would ship, but the $62AU board was going to cost $55AU
    >>> to ship....

    >> Sweet baby Jesus!
    >>
    >>> fortunately my parents visited Adelaide and picked it up for
    >>> me for free (delivery was 2 hours from notice, now thats
    >>> service)....I know have a nice wee AGP board running an AMD6000x2
    >>> CPU with my 7600GT..plays SC well....

    >> Nice.
    >>
    >>> Funny but I come across attitude's of could not care less from NZ
    >>> companies time and time again....

    >> Tell me about it! I'm trying to find out who the NZ agent for iCute
    >> is as I have an iCute case (S901) with a 25cm, 500rpm fan in the
    >> side. Middle case in this short review:
    >> <http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf/reviews/56FC71DAD9E5C67BCC2571ED000C70D2>

    > I rather like this one,
    >
    > http://www.antec.com/ec/productDetails.php?ProdID=08009
    >
    > but at $300 its a bit much for me....3 speed fan control....
    >
    > :/
    >
    > NB it is worth having a peak for the video clip and 360deg animation,
    > shows it off well....

    Yeah, that *is* a nice case. However (if it wasn't so expensive for the
    extra rails/fan for the iCute) given the choice at the same price I'd rather
    the iCute. I was intending to fit small, buzzy fans to the northbridge and
    southbridge. However, with that 25mm fan blowing directly onto the mobo
    there's no need for that sort of thing. There's a fair breeze blowing all
    over the mobo, cooling RAM, MOSFETs, ICs and making sure there's good
    airflow around the graphics card.

    I suppose I *could* get a second iCute for the extra rails/fan/fan housing
    and still have change compared with the Antec. *If* I had that kind of
    money. The Antec modules would be easier to work with than iCute's system
    but you pay for it.
    --
    Cheers,

    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 20, 2007
  20. ~misfit~

    Malcolm Guest

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:30:35 +1300
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    <snip>
    > >> With any luck they won't ask a silly price but still, if there's
    > >> little demand for something a one-off can get expensive.
    > >>
    > >> Cheers,

    > > This is it, yes?
    > > http://www.svc.com/lga775-bolt-th.html

    > That looks like the same thing, yes. I *really* dislike trusting my
    > CPU to bits of plastic that push through holes in the mobo.

    Well if you don't have any joy then send me an email ;-)

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    Malcolm, Nov 20, 2007