Australian Ghost Story

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Old Gringo, Aug 16, 2007.

  1. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    This story happened a while ago in Brisbane (Aus), and even though it
    sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's true.

    John Bradford, a Sydney University student, was on the side of the
    road hitch-hiking on a very dark night and in the midst of a storm.

    The night was rolling on and no car went by. The storm was so strong
    he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly he saw a car
    slowly coming towards him and stopping. John, desperate for shelter
    and without thinking about it, got in the car and closed the door,
    just to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine
    wasn't on!

    The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road and saw that
    curve was approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his
    life.

    Then, just before he hit the curve, a hand appeared through the
    window
    and turned the wheel. John, paralyzed with terror, watched how the
    hand repeatedly came through the window but never harmed him.

    Shortly thereafter John saw the lights of a pub down the road so,
    gathering strength, jumped out of the car and ran to it. Wet and out
    of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the
    horrible experience he had just experienced.

    A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying and
    wasn't drunk.
    Suddenly two other people walked into the same pub. They, like John,
    were also wet and out of breath. Looking around and seeing John
    Bradford sobbing at the bar, one said to the other, "Look, Bruce,
    there's that f*cking idiot that got into our car while we were
    pushing
    it."
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Old Gringo

    pcbutts1 Guest

    LOL

    pcbutts1, Aug 16, 2007

  3. Old Gringo

    Toast Guest

    A Northern Territory farm hand radios back to the farm manager.
    "Boss, I gotta helluva problem here. I hit a pig with the ute.

    The pig's OK, but he's stuck in the bullbars at the front of my ute
    and is wriggling and squealing so much I can't get him out."

    The manager says, "Ok, there's a .303 rifle behind the seat. Take it,
    shoot the pig in the head and you'll be able to remove him."

    Five minutes later the farm hand calls back, "I did what you said
    boss.

    Took the 303, shot the pig in the head and removed him from the bull-
    bars.

    No problem there, but I still can't go on".

    "Now what's the problem?" raged the Manager.

    "Well boss, it's his motor-bike.
    The flashing blue light is stuck under the right-front wheel arch."

    "... You there Boss?"
    Toast, Aug 16, 2007
  4. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 16 Aug 2007 05:17:15 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Toast Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > A Northern Territory farm hand radios back to the farm manager.
    > "Boss, I gotta helluva problem here. I hit a pig with the ute.
    >
    > The pig's OK, but he's stuck in the bullbars at the front of my ute
    > and is wriggling and squealing so much I can't get him out."
    >
    > The manager says, "Ok, there's a .303 rifle behind the seat. Take it,
    > shoot the pig in the head and you'll be able to remove him."
    >
    > Five minutes later the farm hand calls back, "I did what you said
    > boss.
    >
    > Took the 303, shot the pig in the head and removed him from the bull-
    > bars.
    >
    > No problem there, but I still can't go on".
    >
    > "Now what's the problem?" raged the Manager.
    >
    > "Well boss, it's his motor-bike.
    > The flashing blue light is stuck under the right-front wheel arch."
    >
    > "... You there Boss?"

    LMAO Thanks for sharing.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/16/2007 7:51:02 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 16, 2007
  5. Old Gringo

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > This story happened a while ago in Brisbane (Aus), and even though it
    > sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's true.
    >
    > John Bradford, a Sydney University student, was on the side of the
    > road hitch-hiking on a very dark night and in the midst of a storm.
    >
    > The night was rolling on and no car went by. The storm was so strong
    > he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly he saw a car
    > slowly coming towards him and stopping. John, desperate for shelter
    > and without thinking about it, got in the car and closed the door,
    > just to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine
    > wasn't on!
    >
    > The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road and saw that
    > curve was approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his
    > life.
    >
    > Then, just before he hit the curve, a hand appeared through the
    > window
    > and turned the wheel. John, paralyzed with terror, watched how the
    > hand repeatedly came through the window but never harmed him.
    >
    > Shortly thereafter John saw the lights of a pub down the road so,
    > gathering strength, jumped out of the car and ran to it. Wet and out
    > of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the
    > horrible experience he had just experienced.
    >
    > A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying and
    > wasn't drunk.
    > Suddenly two other people walked into the same pub. They, like John,
    > were also wet and out of breath. Looking around and seeing John
    > Bradford sobbing at the bar, one said to the other, "Look, Bruce,
    > there's that f*cking idiot that got into our car while we were
    > pushing
    > it."
    > --
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    > 8/15/2007 6:57:45 PM CST

    Aussie farmer goes over to New Zealand to visit his mate there who owns
    a sheep farm. On a tour of the farm, they come across a ewe with its head
    tangled up in a barbed wire fence. "look at this, Aussie", says the Kiwi
    farmer. "This is what we do when we find this", and he drops his pants and
    starts giving the sheep one from behind. He finishes up, and wipes himself
    off, and says "whatta ya reckon Aussie? You want a go at that?" Aussie bloke
    says "yeah, mate, why not". So Aussie bloke proceeds to drop his pants,
    bends over and tangles his head up in the fence.
    Tony in Oz, Aug 17, 2007
  6. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:03:11 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, Tony in Oz Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    8/17/2007 10:00:58 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Aug 17, 2007
  7. On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 00:03:53 +0000, Old Gringo wrote:

    > This story happened a while ago in Brisbane (Aus), and even though it
    > sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's true.
    >
    > John Bradford, a Sydney University student, was on the side of the
    > road hitch-hiking on a very dark night and in the midst of a storm.
    >
    > The night was rolling on and no car went by. The storm was so strong
    > he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly he saw a car
    > slowly coming towards him and stopping. John, desperate for shelter
    > and without thinking about it, got in the car and closed the door,
    > just to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine
    > wasn't on!
    >
    > The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road and saw that
    > curve was approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his
    > life.
    >
    > Then, just before he hit the curve, a hand appeared through the
    > window
    > and turned the wheel. John, paralyzed with terror, watched how the
    > hand repeatedly came through the window but never harmed him.
    >
    > Shortly thereafter John saw the lights of a pub down the road so,
    > gathering strength, jumped out of the car and ran to it. Wet and out
    > of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the
    > horrible experience he had just experienced.
    >
    > A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying and
    > wasn't drunk.
    > Suddenly two other people walked into the same pub. They, like John,
    > were also wet and out of breath. Looking around and seeing John
    > Bradford sobbing at the bar, one said to the other, "Look, Bruce,
    > there's that f*cking idiot that got into our car while we were
    > pushing
    > it."

    Thank you, that was absolutely priceless!
    ;-)
    Ophelia Cummins, Aug 19, 2007