    Anyone know of any decent services down under. Preferably with no monthly
    fee.

    C.

    Craig, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Craig

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:03:10 GMT, "Craig" <> wrote:

    >One of our friends has moved out to perth in Australia. Since their not so
    >clued up about this kind of thing I thought about trying to get a auzzie
    >local number on VOIP.
    >
    >Anyone know of any decent services down under. Preferably with no monthly
    >fee.
    >
    >C.

    Check this out
    http://tinyurl.com/chqme
    but this is better than it seems on here
    http://www.myfone.com.au/
    Probably the best of all of them.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Craig

    Anon Guest

    Craig wrote:
    > One of our friends has moved out to perth in Australia. Since their not so
    > clued up about this kind of thing I thought about trying to get a auzzie
    > local number on VOIP.
    >
    > Anyone know of any decent services down under. Preferably with no monthly
    > fee.
    >
    > C.

    For general info re Aussie VOIP see:

    The Voice over IP forum on Whirlpool, especially the top threads, here

    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=107

    which has links to wikis such as

    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index.cfm?a=wiki&tag=VoIP_Providers

    Also

    http://www.ozinternetphones.com/

    http://forums.ozvoip.com/

    HTH

    Anon, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Craig

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Craig" <> wrote in message
    > One of our friends has moved out to perth in Australia.
    > Since their not so clued up about this kind of thing I
    > thought about trying to get a auzzie local number on VOIP.
    >
    > Anyone know of any decent services down under.
    > Preferably with no monthly fee.
    >
    > C.

    Alternatively if he has ADSL get him a Sipgate account with a UK number,
    you can call each other for free and he can call UK numbers at UK rates.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 2, 2006
  5. Craig

    Ron Beluga Guest

    On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:45:28 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Craig" <> wrote in message
    >> One of our friends has moved out to perth in Australia.
    >> Since their not so clued up about this kind of thing I
    >> thought about trying to get a auzzie local number on VOIP.
    >>
    >> Anyone know of any decent services down under.
    >> Preferably with no monthly fee.
    >>
    >> C.

    >Alternatively if he has ADSL get him a Sipgate account with a UK number,
    >you can call each other for free and he can call UK numbers at UK rates.
    >
    >Ivor

    Better to have one account with Sipdiscount and another one with
    Voipbuster. So they can make calls without any costs cuz from
    Sipdiscount it is free to UK landline and from Voipbuster it is free
    to Australia landline :)

    Greetings

    Ron
    Ein kluger Mann macht nicht alle Fehler selbst.
    Er gibt auch anderen eine Chance. (Winston Churchill)

    Ron Beluga, Feb 3, 2006
  6. Thus spaketh Ron Beluga:
    > On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:45:28 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Craig" <> wrote in message
    >>> One of our friends has moved out to perth in Australia.
    >>> Since their not so clued up about this kind of thing I
    >>> thought about trying to get a auzzie local number on VOIP.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know of any decent services down under.
    >>> Preferably with no monthly fee.
    >>>
    >>> C.

    >> Alternatively if he has ADSL get him a Sipgate account with a UK
    >> number, you can call each other for free and he can call UK numbers
    >> at UK rates.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > Better to have one account with Sipdiscount and another one with
    > Voipbuster. So they can make calls without any costs cuz from
    > Sipdiscount it is free to UK landline and from Voipbuster it is free
    > to Australia landline :)
    >
    > Greetings
    >
    > Ron

    Or use VoIP Stunt, free calls to landlines in both Australia and the UK.

    --
    For £5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
    www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 3, 2006
  7. Craig

    Ron Beluga Guest

    On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:30:18 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    [...]
    >Or use VoIP Stunt, free calls to landlines in both Australia and the UK.

    You're right of course! I bookmarked this site a few days before but
    didn't remember on it yesterday when I posted this message cuz I don't
    have an account on VoipStunt. I still use the other ones.

    Ron Beluga, Feb 3, 2006
  8. Craig

    has2bcn

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Craig,

    Don't know if you've heard of PennyTel, but they provide a pretty decent VoIP service in Australia.

    No monthly fee and local Australian numbers available.

    has2bcn, Jul 8, 2009