    My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    and if so,
    How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?

    T.N.O., Oct 23, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:58:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >After noticing an up-surge of Aussies in nz.comp I thought that I'd take a
    >look at the Auzzie version... they are actually remarkably polite compared
    >to us...
    >
    >My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    >and if so,
    >How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?

    Yes all the rejects got left here, the Good People left long ago..

    Paul Mathews, Oct 23, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    Andrew Guest

    Speak for yourself

    Andrew, Oct 23, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    Worm Guest

    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:58:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    > Yes all the rejects got left here, the Good People left long ago..

    Good to have you aboard, King Reject

    Worm

    Worm, Oct 23, 2003
  5. On 23 Oct 2003 , Paul Mathews wrote :

    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:58:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    >>After noticing an up-surge of Aussies in nz.comp I thought that I'd
    >>take a look at the Auzzie version... they are actually remarkably
    >>polite compared to us...
    >>
    >>My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    >>and if so,
    >>How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?
    >>

    > Yes all the rejects got left here, the Good People left long ago..

    So why didn't you join them?

    Oh ... because you are a reject. Sorry, I should have known.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - Computers don't make mistakes, foolish people do.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 23, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    Bret Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:58:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >After noticing an up-surge of Aussies in nz.comp I thought that I'd take a
    >look at the Auzzie version... they are actually remarkably polite compared
    >to us...
    >
    >My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    >and if so,
    >How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?

    Stay a little longer there, what no Rod Speed?

    Bret, Oct 23, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bret" wrote
    > Stay a little longer there, what no Rod Speed?

    He's less annoying than Roger, albeit less entertaining.

    T.N.O., Oct 23, 2003
  8. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:09:41 +1300, Paul Mathews
    <> scribbled:

    >On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:58:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    >>After noticing an up-surge of Aussies in nz.comp I thought that I'd take a
    >>look at the Auzzie version... they are actually remarkably polite compared
    >>to us...
    >>
    >>My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    >>and if so,
    >>How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?
    >>

    >Yes all the rejects got left here, the Good People left long ago..

    Explains why you are here then.

    Why don't you just leave us rejects alone.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Oct 23, 2003
  9. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:58:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    > >After noticing an up-surge of Aussies in nz.comp I thought that I'd take

    > >look at the Auzzie version... they are actually remarkably polite

    compared
    > >to us...
    > >
    > >My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    > >and if so,
    > >How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?
    > >

    > Stay a little longer there, what no Rod Speed?

    LOL, I've bumped into him once or twice.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 23, 2003
  10. T.N.O.

    pete Guest

    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:58:21 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    > >After noticing an up-surge of Aussies in nz.comp I thought that I'd take

    > >look at the Auzzie version... they are actually remarkably polite

    compared
    > >to us...
    > >
    > >My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    > >and if so,
    > >How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?
    > >

    > Yes all the rejects got left here, the Good People left long ago..

    That post bought to you by an immigrant who won't leave. In other
    words a reject, definitely not a "Good People"

    pete, Oct 23, 2003
  11. T.N.O.

    Mike Dee Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in

    > After noticing an up-surge of Aussies in nz.comp I thought that I'd
    > take a look at the Auzzie version... they are actually remarkably
    > polite compared to us...

    Makes me laugh at your introspective presumption that because someone posts
    using an Aussie address, - they must be an Aussie.

    > My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    > and if so,
    > How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?

    If they come over, it won't be for the "broadband".

    Mike Dee, Oct 24, 2003
  12. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Mike Dee" wrote
    > Makes me laugh at your introspective presumption that because someone

    posts
    > using an Aussie address, - they must be an Aussie.

    nah, I checked the headers, the posts are coming from IP's belonging to
    Aussie ISPs'

    > > My question is, Is this what we look like to the rest of the world?
    > > and if so,
    > > How long before they(the rest of the world) stop coming here?

    > If they come over, it won't be for the "broadband".

    heh, yeah I know.

    T.N.O., Oct 24, 2003
  13. T.N.O.

    Mike Dee Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in news:bna5hp$v1ov0$1@ID-
    183327.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > "Mike Dee" wrote
    >> Makes me laugh at your introspective presumption that because someone

    > posts
    >> using an Aussie address, - they must be an Aussie.

    > nah, I checked the headers, the posts are coming from IP's belonging to
    > Aussie ISPs'

    I'll rephrase that: "Make's me laugh at your introspective presumption that
    because someone posts using an Aussie address/ISP OR even if the headers
    tell you that it's coming from Australia, - they must be an Aussie".

    Why it's almost as laughable as using Outlook Express as a news client
    without running "OE Quotefix" first [hint, hint].

    Mike Dee, Oct 24, 2003
  14. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:
    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in news:bna5hp$v1ov0$1@ID-
    > 183327.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >
    >> "Mike Dee" wrote
    >>> Makes me laugh at your introspective presumption that because
    >>> someone posts using an Aussie address, - they must be an Aussie.

    >> nah, I checked the headers, the posts are coming from IP's belonging
    >> to Aussie ISPs'

    > I'll rephrase that: "Make's me laugh at your introspective
    > presumption that because someone posts using an Aussie address/ISP OR
    > even if the headers tell you that it's coming from Australia, - they
    > must be an Aussie".
    >
    > Why it's almost as laughable as using Outlook Express as a news client
    > without running "OE Quotefix" first [hint, hint].

    Hey, thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it and like it.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 24, 2003
  15. T.N.O.

    Mike Dee Guest

    "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his.desk.com> wrote in

    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >> "T.N.O." <> wrote in news:bna5hp$v1ov0$1@ID-
    >> 183327.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >>
    >>> "Mike Dee" wrote
    >>>
    >>> nah, I checked the headers, the posts are coming from IP's belonging
    >>> to Aussie ISPs'

    >> I'll rephrase that: "Make's me laugh at your introspective
    >> presumption that because someone posts using an Aussie address/ISP OR
    >> even if the headers tell you that it's coming from Australia, - they
    >> must be an Aussie".
    >>
    >> Why it's almost as laughable as using Outlook Express as a news client
    >> without running "OE Quotefix" first [hint, hint].

    > Hey, thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it and like it.

    No worries, it improves on a sorrowful outcome, 10 fold.

    Mike Dee, Oct 24, 2003
  16. T.N.O.

    harry Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >> "T.N.O." <> wrote in news:bna5hp$v1ov0$1@ID-
    >> 183327.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >>
    >>> "Mike Dee" wrote
    >>>
    >>> nah, I checked the headers, the posts are coming from IP's belonging
    >>> to Aussie ISPs'

    >> I'll rephrase that: "Make's me laugh at your introspective
    >> presumption that because someone posts using an Aussie address/ISP OR
    >> even if the headers tell you that it's coming from Australia, - they
    >> must be an Aussie".
    >>
    >> Why it's almost as laughable as using Outlook Express as a news
    >> client without running "OE Quotefix" first [hint, hint].

    > Hey, thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it and like it.
    >
    > Cheers,

    Wouldn't it be great if Microsoft could do the same [hint, hint]
    Top posters begone ! :)

    harry, Oct 26, 2003
  17. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Mike Dee" wrote
    > Why it's almost as laughable as using Outlook Express as a news client
    > without running "OE Quotefix" first [hint, hint].

    I use it because it's there...
    and why use quote fix when I have no problem with it?

    T.N.O., Oct 26, 2003
  18. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > "Mike Dee" wrote
    >> Why it's almost as laughable as using Outlook Express as a news
    >> client without running "OE Quotefix" first [hint, hint].

    > I use it because it's there...
    > and why use quote fix when I have no problem with it?

    :) I like the pretty colours. Seriously, have you tried it? It makes
    reading long, un-snipped threads a lot easier (for me anyway). I think it's
    a damn good add-on, and a small download to boot.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 26, 2003
  19. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "~misfit~" wrote
    > > I use it because it's there...
    > > and why use quote fix when I have no problem with it?

    > :) I like the pretty colours. Seriously, have you tried it? It makes
    > reading long, un-snipped threads a lot easier (for me anyway). I think

    it's
    > a damn good add-on, and a small download to boot.

    Yeah I have tried it, ages ago, but it seemed to have a small delay when
    opening messages(this was ages ago).

    I read the groups often enough that I know the way most threads are going
    before they get there... pretty much all end up being a "Roger is a
    dickhead" thread, or a "Linux is god/Windows is insecure" thread... we seems
    to be fairly excitable in here.

    T.N.O., Oct 26, 2003
  20. T.N.O.

    Mike Dee Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in news::

    > "~misfit~" wrote
    >> > I use it because it's there...
    >> > and why use quote fix when I have no problem with it?

    >> :) I like the pretty colours. Seriously, have you tried it? It
    >> :makes
    >> reading long, un-snipped threads a lot easier (for me anyway). I
    >> think

    > it's
    >> a damn good add-on, and a small download to boot.

    > Yeah I have tried it, ages ago, but it seemed to have a small delay
    > when opening messages(this was ages ago).

    Pity you didn't keep it up [or use another client]. You mightn't think
    *you* have problems with OE but I can tell you, your posts *look* crap. The
    longer you stay in a thread the more broken up and shitty they look. But
    you're right it's not *your* problem.

    > I read the groups often enough that I know the way most threads are
    > going before they get there... pretty much all end up being a "Roger
    > is a dickhead" thread, or a "Linux is god/Windows is insecure"
    > thread... we seems to be fairly excitable in here.

    Ummm nooo... Linus is God - Linux is an OS ;)

    Mike Dee, Oct 26, 2003