    couldn't remove...I wanna know what Auk.exe is before DELETING it !!!!
    CHEERS FOR FEEDBACK....FRED C

    ---
    fredcromer, Apr 19, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in news:40842d33$1_1@mk-nntp-
    2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

    > I ran AVG6 and it told me i had a trojan in the Auk.exe application, but
    > couldn't remove...I wanna know what Auk.exe is before DELETING it !!!!
    > CHEERS FOR FEEDBACK....FRED C

    Auk.exe is not a part of any Windows installation.
    DeMoN LaG, Apr 20, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    The Prophecy Guest

    fredcromer wrote:
    > I ran AVG6 and it told me i had a trojan in the Auk.exe application,
    > but couldn't remove...I wanna know what Auk.exe is before DELETING it
    > !!!! CHEERS FOR FEEDBACK....FRED C

    Where is this Auk.exe file located? It's not part of any Windows install, so
    it's probably from something you, yourself installed or you picked it up
    some other way.

    --
    Creating a Good Newsgroup Post:

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking
    The Prophecy, Apr 20, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    fredcromer wrote:
    > I ran AVG6 and it told me i had a trojan in the Auk.exe application, but
    > couldn't remove...I wanna know what Auk.exe is before DELETING it !!!!
    > CHEERS FOR FEEDBACK....FRED C

    It is reputed to be a Trojan, and is normally installed from porn sites.
    Use Task Manager to kill the process, then find and delete.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Apr 20, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    Plato Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > I ran AVG6 and it told me i had a trojan in the Auk.exe application, but
    > couldn't remove...I wanna know what Auk.exe is before DELETING it !!!!
    > CHEERS FOR FEEDBACK....FRED C

    My guess is that's in your temporary internet files folder no?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 20, 2004