    get mentioned and there is a useful price comparison chart.

    Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:57:52 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

    You are repeating yourself Ivor ! :)) .
    , Jun 25, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones

    GwG Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > The August issue of PC Pro magazine is now out (whatever happened to
    > releasing just before the month in question..?!)
    >
    > It has an extensive article on VoIP which is well worth reading. It
    > concentrates a lot on Skype, but the other systems, including Sipgate, do
    > get mentioned and there is a useful price comparison chart.
    >
    > Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

    Does it begin with 'S' and end with 'E' ;-)
    I bet we get some good guesses to this one.
    GwG, Jun 25, 2005
  4. On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:57:52 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

    verging on spam, two substantially identical postings of an
    advertising nature.

    As the founder member of the sipgate cheerleaders squad the fact that
    you are posting it makes the outcome predictably tedious.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:57:52 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best
    >> value..?!

    > verging on spam, two substantially identical postings of an
    > advertising nature.

    Possibly, for which I apologise.

    > As the founder member of the sipgate cheerleaders squad the fact
    > that you are posting it makes the outcome predictably tedious.

    I didn't write the article though.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 25, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:55:04 +0100, Phil Thompson
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:57:52 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Incidentally, guess which provider they quote as being best value..?!

    >verging on spam, two substantially identical postings of an
    >advertising nature.
    >
    >As the founder member of the sipgate cheerleaders squad the fact that
    >you are posting it makes the outcome predictably tedious.
    >
    >Phil

    Ivor is ok Phil much better than many who post to news groups but like
    you are saying his blindness to Sipgate's antics does get a bit
    tedious :)))) .
    , Jun 25, 2005
  7. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    wrote:

    [snip]

    > Ivor is ok Phil much better than many who post to news groups but
    > like you are saying his blindness to Sipgate's antics does get a bit
    > tedious :)))) .

    Can we call a truce to this topic, guys..? You're right, it really is
    getting rather tedious.

    I am not blind, I fully realise Sipgate have problems, but unlike you I
    believe they are aware of them and trying to resolve them. I'm just sorry
    it isn't working out to your timetable, but I'm sure it will be sorted.

    I'm also sure that the magazine did their own testing of the system before
    making their recommendations, I don't believe for a minute they were paid
    to say it, unlike someone else. That's a dangerous allegation to make,
    incidentally, unless you have proof.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 25, 2005
  8. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:31:06 GMT, "GwG" <>
    wrote:

    >Does it begin with 'S' and end with 'E' ;-)

    Is that SkypE or SipgatE ?! :)
    , Jun 25, 2005
  9. Ivor Jones

    NewsAcc Guest

    This indeed was a cracking article which got me going on the subject.
    However, rather bizzarely, my outlining questions (before reading the
    article) were about call quality (codecs etc) and bandwidth used. They
    didnt touch on any of these as I remember which I thought a bit strange.
    NewsAcc, Jun 26, 2005
  10. On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:06:29 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >I didn't write the article though.

    indeed. Personally I don't find these magazines "reference works" by
    any stretch but the author's opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

    Your enthusiasm is commendable and enjoyable but you do run the risk
    of discrediting yourself when it comes to Sipgate.

    I might even read the article, but you did put me off to start with
    :)

    Phil
    Phil Thompson, Jun 26, 2005
  11. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:06:29 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I didn't write the article though.

    > indeed. Personally I don't find these magazines "reference works" by
    > any stretch but the author's opinion is as valid as anyone else's.
    >
    > Your enthusiasm is commendable and enjoyable but you do run the risk
    > of discrediting yourself when it comes to Sipgate.

    You're entitled to your opinion of course but I sincerely believe Sipgate
    will come good in the end.

    > I might even read the article, but you did put me off to start with
    > :)

    Most of it's about Skype.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 26, 2005
  12. On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:33:04 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Most of it's about Skype.

    now you *have* put me off.

    Phil