    Allan Guest

    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20887

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    Allan, Aug 1, 2005

  2. Allan

    TB Guest

    "Allan" wrote:

    news:...
    > http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20887

    I like how that idiot Harry Knowles lists several movies like The Howling,
    Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter and Dragonslayer as brand new releases (even
    going so far as to mention Howling as one of his all time favorites) yet he
    doesn't seem to have a clue that these exact same editions have been out in
    some cases for several years.

    T.B.
    TB, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Allan

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful TB declared:
    > "Allan" wrote:

    >> http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20887

    > I like how that idiot Harry Knowles lists several movies like The
    > Howling, Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter and Dragonslayer as brand
    > new releases (even going so far as to mention Howling as one of
    > his all time favorites) yet he doesn't seem to have a clue that
    > these exact same editions have been out in some cases for several
    > years.

    He does mention that Dragonslayer is now in widescreen whereas the
    previous release was pan'n'scan.

    But then he lists the Billy Wilder box set that just puts a slip
    case around three already existing DVDs.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Justice Scalia: The rational basis is that the state thinks it's
    Sean O'Hara, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Allan

    TB Guest

    "Sean O'Hara" <> wrote in message
    > In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful TB declared:
    >> "Allan" wrote:

    >>> http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20887

    >> I like how that idiot Harry Knowles lists several movies like The
    >> Howling, Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter and Dragonslayer as brand
    >> new releases (even going so far as to mention Howling as one of
    >> his all time favorites) yet he doesn't seem to have a clue that
    >> these exact same editions have been out in some cases for several
    >> years.
    >>

    > He does mention that Dragonslayer is now in widescreen whereas the
    > previous release was pan'n'scan.

    I've had the widescreen dvd for well over a year. So again, Knowles either
    doesn't know what he's talking about or my retailer *really* jumped the
    street date.

    T.B.
    TB, Aug 3, 2005
  5. Allan

    Allan Guest

    On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:02:55 GMT, "TB" <>
    wrote:

    >> He does mention that Dragonslayer is now in widescreen whereas the
    >> previous release was pan'n'scan.

    >I've had the widescreen dvd for well over a year. So again, Knowles either
    >doesn't know what he's talking about or my retailer *really* jumped the
    >street date.

    http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=4533

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    Allan, Aug 3, 2005