    Thanks for any info!
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 8, 2004

  2. Jim S.

    Andrew Guest

    Jim S. wrote:
    > This movie used to be available in the U.S. but now I see used copies on
    > the Amazon Marketplace going for $200.00 dollars. I know this movie has
    > a pretty decent cult following. Any plans for a new region 1 release
    > any time soon?
    >
    > Thanks for any info!

    I do not know about an R1 release but the film should be
    readily available on R3 DVD for only a few dollars.

    Andrew
    Andrew, Nov 8, 2004

  3. On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:

    > This movie used to be available in the U.S. but now I see used copies on
    > the Amazon Marketplace going for $200.00 dollars. I know this movie has
    > a pretty decent cult following. Any plans for a new region 1 release
    > any time soon?

    $200? That's crazy. I just saw a copy for $14.99 at a Best Buy in
    Portland, ME. You shouldn't have any trouble finding it for under $20
    someplace.

    Go to www.dvdpricesearch.com...DVD Planet has it for $18.74 and Amazon has
    it for $22.48.

    They also have it at North American DVD, but they have a history of
    listing out of print titles as available because they're too lazy to
    delete them from their database, so I wouldn't call them the most
    trustworthy.

    swac
    My copy of The Got Me Covered is on "backorder"...yeah, right.
    Stephen Cooke, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Jim S. wrote:
    > > This movie used to be available in the U.S. but now I see used copies on
    > > the Amazon Marketplace going for $200.00 dollars. I know this movie has
    > > a pretty decent cult following. Any plans for a new region 1 release
    > > any time soon?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any info!

    > I do not know about an R1 release but the film should be
    > readily available on R3 DVD for only a few dollars.

    Yeah, I have seen several of those, but I am looking for the R1 release, as my
    player is R1 only, and I don't want to have to upgrade at this time. Thanks
    though!
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 8, 2004
  5. On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:

    > Stephen Cooke wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:
    > >
    > > > This movie used to be available in the U.S. but now I see used copies on
    > > > the Amazon Marketplace going for $200.00 dollars. I know this movie has
    > > > a pretty decent cult following. Any plans for a new region 1 release
    > > > any time soon?

    > > $200? That's crazy. I just saw a copy for $14.99 at a Best Buy in
    > > Portland, ME. You shouldn't have any trouble finding it for under $20
    > > someplace.
    > >
    > > Go to www.dvdpricesearch.com...DVD Planet has it for $18.74 and Amazon has
    > > it for $22.48.
    > >
    > > They also have it at North American DVD, but they have a history of
    > > listing out of print titles as available because they're too lazy to
    > > delete them from their database, so I wouldn't call them the most
    > > trustworthy.

    > Unfortunately, none of these places actually have it. Amazon has it listed as
    > out of stock and the used copies are enormously expensive. DVD Planet has it
    > as discontinued. If you know of a place that has a copy, I'd love to know.
    > But I do believe it has been discontinued. I was hoping to hear there was a
    > new version coming out or something.

    There's always eBay:

    http://search.ebay.com/Audition-DVD_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Nov 8, 2004
  6. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    Stephen Cooke wrote:

    > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:
    >
    > > This movie used to be available in the U.S. but now I see used copies on
    > > the Amazon Marketplace going for $200.00 dollars. I know this movie has
    > > a pretty decent cult following. Any plans for a new region 1 release
    > > any time soon?

    > $200? That's crazy. I just saw a copy for $14.99 at a Best Buy in
    > Portland, ME. You shouldn't have any trouble finding it for under $20
    > someplace.
    >
    > Go to www.dvdpricesearch.com...DVD Planet has it for $18.74 and Amazon has
    > it for $22.48.
    >
    > They also have it at North American DVD, but they have a history of
    > listing out of print titles as available because they're too lazy to
    > delete them from their database, so I wouldn't call them the most
    > trustworthy.

    Unfortunately, none of these places actually have it. Amazon has it listed as
    out of stock and the used copies are enormously expensive. DVD Planet has it
    as discontinued. If you know of a place that has a copy, I'd love to know.
    But I do believe it has been discontinued. I was hoping to hear there was a
    new version coming out or something.

    Thanks!
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 8, 2004
  7. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    Stephen Cooke wrote:

    > There's always eBay:
    >
    > http://search.ebay.com/Audition-DVD_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

    Tried that, too. Most are HK versions or UK versions that are R3. The R1's that
    are available have a lot of time left on the auctions and will creep upwards of $75
    (at least) before they are done. I REALLY appreciate all of your suggestions,
    swac. But it looks like I will have to wait for a R1 re-release. It may happen
    sooner rather than later, as Japanese horror films are becoming a big deal here,
    after The Ring and The Grudge. We'll see. I was just hoping another release had
    been announced.

    Thanks again!
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 9, 2004
  8. On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:

    > Stephen Cooke wrote:
    >
    > > There's always eBay:
    > >
    > > http://search.ebay.com/Audition-DVD_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

    > Tried that, too. Most are HK versions or UK versions that are R3.

    <snip>

    Sorry about that...well, if you know anyone in Portland, ME, tell them to
    go over to Best Buy for you and grab it for $14.99.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Nov 9, 2004
  9. Send me your address and I will send you a dvd-r of it.
    John339077353, Nov 9, 2004
  10. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    Stephen Cooke wrote:

    > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:
    >
    > > Stephen Cooke wrote:
    > >
    > > > There's always eBay:
    > > >
    > > > http://search.ebay.com/Audition-DVD_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

    > > Tried that, too. Most are HK versions or UK versions that are R3.

    > <snip>
    >
    > Sorry about that...well, if you know anyone in Portland, ME, tell them to
    > go over to Best Buy for you and grab it for $14.99.

    Only guy I know there is you...feel like helping a guy out? :)
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 9, 2004
  11. On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:

    > Stephen Cooke wrote:

    > > > Tried that, too. Most are HK versions or UK versions that are R3.

    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Sorry about that...well, if you know anyone in Portland, ME, tell them to
    > > go over to Best Buy for you and grab it for $14.99.

    > Only guy I know there is you...feel like helping a guy out? :)

    I was only passing through, I live in Halifax, N.S. But there might be
    copies kicking around here, I can keep my eyes open.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Nov 9, 2004
  12. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    Stephen Cooke wrote:

    > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jim S. wrote:
    >
    > > Stephen Cooke wrote:

    > > > <snip>
    > > >
    > > > Sorry about that...well, if you know anyone in Portland, ME, tell them to
    > > > go over to Best Buy for you and grab it for $14.99.

    > > Only guy I know there is you...feel like helping a guy out? :)

    > I was only passing through, I live in Halifax, N.S. But there might be
    > copies kicking around here, I can keep my eyes open.

    Much, mucho thanks! :)
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 10, 2004
  13. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    John339077353 wrote:

    > Send me your address and I will send you a dvd-r of it.

    Thanks for the offer, it is very generous of you. My player does not
    play dvd-r's.

    Thanks again!
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 10, 2004
  14. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    HappyHunter wrote:

    > On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:21:02 -0600, "Jim S."
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >This movie used to be available in the U.S. but now I see used copies on
    > >the Amazon Marketplace going for $200.00 dollars. I know this movie has
    > >a pretty decent cult following. Any plans for a new region 1 release
    > >any time soon?
    > >
    > >Thanks for any info!

    > amazon.ca appears to have it.
    >
    > http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000640S9/happyhunter0a-20/702-7227493-2558431

    Amazon.ca lists it as shipping in 3 to 5 weeks. From past experience, that usually means
    they will not actually be able to find a copy.

    Thanks for the info, though!
    --
    Jim S.
    Jim S., Nov 10, 2004