Auditing question for the 70-270 MS book

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by jones_net, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. jones_net

    jones_net Guest

    Hi

    The question is for the MCSE Win XP Prof Training kit book, page 456 and 457
    exersise 1.
    If we number the criterias from 1 to 7 with "Record unsuccessful attemps to
    gain..." as number 1 why this:

    The MS solution is on page 783...
    Number 2: why only audit successful, when you later are supposed to audit
    success and failed on number 7... The criteria "...unauthorized access..."
    is the same, and therefore the audit shold be the same!?!?
    Number 5: Why should I audit Systems Events, when table 12.1 on page 444
    says "Policy change: A change was made to the user security options, user
    rights, or audot policy" - as far is I can see, Policy change should be the
    answer - or what??

    Hope you can answer this:)

    /J

    jones_net, Oct 21, 2003

  2. jones_net

    brianz Guest

    Why not check the website for the book publisher, you may find that there is
    any correction notes for that issue of book. MS Press have such a site.

    brianz, Oct 21, 2003

  3. jones_net

    jones_net Guest

    I have looked on this page for the
    corrections(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314047),
    and there is none for these pages... The book is probably right, but
    why?

    /J

    jones_net, Oct 22, 2003