  1. Was wondering if there where any special 64 bit codecs you had to get to play
    certain audio files and video files, because I just installed divx codec and
    it still wont play my divx videos.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2lkIGF0IFBDIFN1cHBvcnQ=?=, Nov 8, 2005

  2. You don't need 64 bit decoders, actually, because WMP is still 32 bit and
    needs 32 bit video/audio decoders.
    Just install ffdshow (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm)

    FFDSHOW is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DivX, XviD, WMV,
    MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 movies. It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video
    decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of
    low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD,
    which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder

    It is freeware and will allow you to see and hear every file compressed with
    almost every known codec.

    Speaking of decoders I would highly recommend the freeware alternatives for
    Quicktime and Realmedia formats.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
    They will install the decoders as well as the freeware lightweight "Media
    Player Classic".

    All 32 bit working flawlessly on x64 platform.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2lkIGF0IFBDIFN1cHBvcnQ=?=

    wewa Guest

    yes, installed divx on day 1 of working on x64 and working fine with WMP10
    and MPC on my Dell Xeon 3.0 with 6600 dual DVI FPW2005 displays.

    a bit sluggish if you have less than 512 of ram.
    http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXPlay.exe

    The latest Nvidia GEforce driver seems to have improved rendering of images.
    Nice.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_81.85.html

    "Kid at PC Support" <Kid at PC > wrote in
    message news:...

    wewa, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Yes, RAM really isnt the promblem with the machine we are using x64 on really
    its an awesome OS from Microsoft very stable and very fast. Figured out that
    Nero 7 messed up the audio/video codecs on the machine.

    Nero 6.6 seems to work just fine though.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2lkIGF0IFBDIFN1cHBvcnQ=?=, Nov 10, 2005