Audio streaming

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anthonyberet, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    In Usenet post: RD%Ec.158$JG6.83@newsfe4-gui,
    Jim went on and on and on:
    > How can you capture and record audio streaming. For example the BBC
    > site. I remember this question being asked ages ago bit it didnt
    > intreast me at the time.But it does now.

    Yes you can do this - it is easier with mp3 streams.
    Use Stationripper for those (this also cuts the tracks up into individual
    files for you).
    http://www.ratajik.com/stationripper/

    However, the BBC uses Realmedia streams, not mp3 (wish they wouldn't).

    You need to run streambox ripper to save these. - This is much harder to get
    as Real didn't like it and sued the makers:
    This is the first site I found but you may have to search further to get it:
    http://www.sonicspot.com/streamboxripper/streamboxripper.html

    Incidentally, did you know you can search the archive of this and other
    groups to find old questions?
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=save audio stream&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&lr=&hl=en

    anthonyberet, Jul 1, 2004

  2. anthonyberet

    Jim Guest

    How can you capture and record audio streaming. For example the BBC site. I
    remember this question being asked ages ago bit it didnt intreast me at the
    time.But it does now.

    Cheers for any help.

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 1, 2004