    wondering if this sounds like a problem with the DVD playing on my
    player, or is it a problem with the audio from the source material?

    Thanks.

    Mark Radford, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Mark Radford wrote:
    > When I play a particular DVD on my DVD player the audio skips for a
    > few seconds, however the video continues to play smoothly at the same
    > time. The rest of the DVD and all my other DVD's play fine. I was
    > wondering if this sounds like a problem with the DVD playing on my
    > player, or is it a problem with the audio from the source material?
    >
    > Thanks.

    One method to determine whether its a defective disc is to go rent the
    movie and see if that copy has the same problem. Or you can always
    check your disc on a friends player. Some players (esp. PS2/XBox types)
    have problems reading certain brands DVD's. So that may be an issue as
    well.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Mark Radford

    Mark Radford Guest

    I've tested the disc on another DVD player, and the audio still skips
    at the same stage of the DVD. It's got no scratches on it, so it could
    be because of that. Is it possible for the audio to skip, while the
    picture doesn't, for a DVD?

    Thanks.

    Mark.

    Mark Radford, Oct 21, 2003
  4. On 21 Oct 2003 05:13:24 -0700, (Mark Radford)
    wrote:

    >I've tested the disc on another DVD player, and the audio still skips
    >at the same stage of the DVD. It's got no scratches on it, so it could
    >be because of that. Is it possible for the audio to skip, while the
    >picture doesn't, for a DVD?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Mark.

    Everything is possible if disc is defect. This is not normal so
    clearly it is defected. Replace it for a new copy.

    --
    Q. What are your qualifications to be a film critic?
    A. I can watch movies, I can think, and I can write.

    Arminio Grgic, Oct 22, 2003