Audio Quality and such

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Tony Toews, Jan 7, 2006.

  1. Tony Toews

    Tony Toews Guest

    Folks

    So I made a call and the audio quality was pretty poor. There was a substantial, at
    least to my telco trained ear, of about a word or so. Very similar to using MSN
    Messenger. Is this normal?

    There were breakups and such but that may have been his end too as he said he was
    using a Bluetooth headset.

    The person I was talking to said he could hear other peoples conversations in the
    background while I was using my el cheapo headset on my laptop. Now these people
    were at least 3 or 4 meters away. Should I purchase a better quality noise
    cancelling microphone? I see no reason to spend the extra money on a USB attached
    headphone as I'm not doing voice recognition.

    Hmm, don't think I'll buy the Plantronics Voyager Bluetooth Headset (510SL) for $599
    CAD. <smile>

    Tony
    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP