    for fixing this??

    thanks

    nick

    nick, Mar 30, 2007

  2. nick <> wrote:

    >Got a DVD of some old TV shows. Six episodes. All play
    >fine on the PC, video and audio is fine. But on the
    >DVD player attached to my TV, episode 2 has no audio.
    >All 5 others are OK. Can you give me some suggestions
    >for fixing this??

    I'm assuming this is a burned DVD... What DVD player are you using? Some
    of the oldest players won't play MPEG-2 audio, which is the way some PC
    DVD programs encode the audio.

    Kimba W. Lion, Mar 30, 2007

  3. nick

    nick Guest

    Kimba W. Lion wrote:
    > nick <> wrote:
    >
    >> Got a DVD of some old TV shows. Six episodes. All play
    >> fine on the PC, video and audio is fine. But on the
    >> DVD player attached to my TV, episode 2 has no audio.
    >> All 5 others are OK. Can you give me some suggestions
    >> for fixing this??

    > I'm assuming this is a burned DVD... What DVD player are you using? Some
    > of the oldest players won't play MPEG-2 audio, which is the way some PC
    > DVD programs encode the audio.

    It's a fairly recent Phillips that does both PAL and NTSC. What
    confuses me is that the audio plays great on all tracks on the PC,
    and only 1 track has no audio on the DVD player. You would think
    that since all the episodes were burned at the same time with the
    same burner, all the VOB files would have the same audio aspects??

    nick

    nick, Mar 30, 2007
  4. nick <> wrote:

    >It's a fairly recent Phillips that does both PAL and NTSC. What
    >confuses me is that the audio plays great on all tracks on the PC,
    >and only 1 track has no audio on the DVD player. You would think
    >that since all the episodes were burned at the same time with the
    >same burner, all the VOB files would have the same audio aspects??

    OK, I was probably wrong about the MPEG-2 audio guess. But the burner does
    not encode the DVD tracks (unless it's a real-time burner); they are
    encoded before going to the burner and can have different origins. There
    has to be something with the audio encoding on that one track that the
    Philips does not like. Maybe someone else will know the quirks of the
    Philips player...

    Kimba W. Lion, Mar 31, 2007