    I hope someone can help me out, to get the sound back on the pc.
    Thanks in advance.
    Greetings from Ruud.
    Ruud, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Ruud

    Rick Guest

    What is the model of your HP computer? Usually
    you can get the technical specs from the HP site
    to find out which sound chip is on you board.
    The link below is only valid if your board has a
    RealTek sound chip.

    Rick, Jun 26, 2006

  3. Ruud

    Ruud Guest

    Well, it's a HP Pavilion t870.nl Desktop PC.

    Ruud, Jun 26, 2006
  4. What does the HP site tell you about the sound driver for x64?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 26, 2006
  5. Ruud

    Ruud Guest

    Yes, well that's the problem. I have the following update installed, but
    it's not a Wx64 update.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...product=453397&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-25722-2

    The point is, that I cannot find an update for my computer, to be able to
    continue with the WDM-R140 set-up.

    Ruud, Jun 26, 2006
  6. Go to
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...52&famid=2004052&series=2004061&Software=True
    And you will see the XP Pro x64/Windows 2003 x64 driver for the Realtek ALC
    880 (D) chipset (first entry below the Readme line). Also, note the link
    above the table for the hotfix for XP Pro x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 26, 2006
  7. Ruud

    Ruud Guest

    Sorry to say, but I still get the message: need to install the latest HD
    Audio Bus driver.
    Only, this one:
    http://www.opendrivers.com/freedown...dows-98se-me-2000-xp-2003-xp-64-download.html
    doesn't work.
    I picked it from :
    http://www.opendrivers.com/categorycompany/17/1358/soundcard-realtek-free-driver-download.html

    Don't know what else to do.

    Ruud, Jun 26, 2006
  8. Ruud

    Rick Guest

    The link that Colin provided is to the HD driver
    at RealTek:

    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...52&famid=2004052&series=2004061&Software=True

    Did you download the WDM_R140.Exe or
    WDM_R140.Zip file and try it?

    Rick, Jun 26, 2006
  9. Ruud

    Ruud Guest

    Yes, I tried them both, but halfway the set-up I get : 'You need to update
    your HD Audio bus driver. Please go to
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kdib=901105 '. On this site I'm totally lost:
    I really don't know what to try.
    I also tried the 'hot-fix' above the WDM-download-links, but it doesn't
    matter.

    Ruud, Jun 26, 2006
  10. Ruud

    Rick Guest

    You're right. Sometimes it takes you to the
    right page and sometimes it doesn't.

    This is a direct link to the download page:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...06-50EE-4458-902F-F9FC59201B04&displaylang=en

    And below is the result of a TinyURL:

    TinyURL was created!

    The following URL:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displayl

    ang=en&familyid=0E850506-50EE-4458-902F-F9FC59201B04&
    ;displaylang=en

    has a length of 127 characters and resulted in
    the following TinyURL which has a length of 24
    characters:

    http://tinyurl.com/ebto3

    See if you can get the Win x64 HD update this way.

    Rick, Jun 26, 2006