    be an audio codec problem, but I don't know which one, and what to do about
    it.
    Thanks
    Tony Briscoe, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Tony Briscoe

    °Mike° Guest

    Does this problem occur with all .wav files, or only certain ones?

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:06:15 -0000, in
    <c08ent$kbk$>
    Tony Briscoe scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Tony Briscoe

    Tony Briscoe Guest

    Thanks Mike for the reply, It is all wav files, I can play MP3, CD's etc but
    when I attempt to play a wav file, Windows Media Player tells me it is
    unable to play this file.

    Tony Briscoe, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Tony Briscoe

    °Mike° Guest

    Please don't reply to yourself.

    What is the *exact* error message you get when you
    attempt to play a .wav file?

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:11:49 -0000, in
    <c0945e$sen$>
    Tony Briscoe scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Tony Briscoe

    Voodoo Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:06:15 -0000, "Tony Briscoe"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a computer running Win ME. For some reason (?) it has stopped being
    >able to play .wav files. Anyone help me with this one please? I think it may
    >be an audio codec problem, but I don't know which one, and what to do about
    >it.
    >Thanks

    If it's a codec, you might try re installing WMP and see if that re
    installs the codec you need and solves the problem.

    Also, have you tried playing WAV's with other media players such as
    QuickTime, Winamp, or Real Player?
    Voodoo, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Tony Briscoe

    Tony Briscoe Guest

    "Voodoo" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:06:15 -0000, "Tony Briscoe"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a computer running Win ME. For some reason (?) it has stopped

    being
    > >able to play .wav files. Anyone help me with this one please? I think it

    may
    > >be an audio codec problem, but I don't know which one, and what to do

    about
    > >it.
    > >Thanks
    > >

    > If it's a codec, you might try re installing WMP and see if that re
    > installs the codec you need and solves the problem.
    >
    > Also, have you tried playing WAV's with other media players such as
    > QuickTime, Winamp, or Real Player?

    Thanks for the replies,
    I haven't got the computer at hand at the moment, I have loaned the computer
    to a friend who wants to do some typing, but to try to answer your
    questions, I haven't got QuickTime, Winamp, or Real Player installed. Would
    installing any, or all these players install the missing codec, I could get
    copies of those players if it would solve the problem, failing that how
    would I get a copy of WMP, is it part of Windows ME?
    Tony Briscoe, Feb 10, 2004
  7. Tony Briscoe

    Voodoo Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/5iuk
    Voodoo, Feb 10, 2004
  8. Tony Briscoe

    Tony Briscoe Guest

    "Voodoo" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:29:24 -0000, "Tony Briscoe"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks for the replies,
    > >I haven't got the computer at hand at the moment, I have loaned the

    computer
    > >to a friend who wants to do some typing, but to try to answer your
    > >questions, I haven't got QuickTime, Winamp, or Real Player installed.

    Would
    > >installing any, or all these players install the missing codec, I could

    get
    > >copies of those players if it would solve the problem, failing that how
    > >would I get a copy of WMP, is it part of Windows ME?

    > http://tinyurl.com/5iuk

    The link above is dead, it keeps timing out.
    Tony Briscoe, Feb 10, 2004
  9. Tony Briscoe

    Boomer Guest

    Tony Briscoe, <> wrote:

    > "Voodoo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:29:24 -0000, "Tony Briscoe"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Thanks for the replies,
    >> >I haven't got the computer at hand at the moment, I have
    >> >loaned the

    > computer
    >> >to a friend who wants to do some typing, but to try to answer
    >> >your questions, I haven't got QuickTime, Winamp, or Real
    >> >Player installed.

    > Would
    >> >installing any, or all these players install the missing
    >> >codec, I could

    > get
    >> >copies of those players if it would solve the problem, failing
    >> >that how would I get a copy of WMP, is it part of Windows ME?

    >> http://tinyurl.com/5iuk
    >>

    > The link above is dead, it keeps timing out.

    It's not dead. Works fine for me.
    Boomer, Feb 10, 2004
  10. Tony Briscoe

    Tony Briscoe Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Tony Briscoe, <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Voodoo" <> wrote in message

    > > computer

    > > Would

    > > get
    > >>
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/5iuk
    > >>

    > > The link above is dead, it keeps timing out.

    > It's not dead. Works fine for me.

    Tried it again, timed out again, Message reads: 'Server Unreachable, please
    contact Administrator'
    I'll try again a little later.
    Tony Briscoe, Feb 10, 2004