  1. I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
    *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.

    Is there such a beast?
    Richard Owlett, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    The built-in Windows sound recorder.

    Use a batch file, and use the syntax:

    sndrec32 "<path to wav file>" /play /close

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:48:27 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard Owlett scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Richard Owlett

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard Owlett said:

    > I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
    > *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
    >
    > Is there such a beast?

    Create a shortcut to a wav file, then go into the shortcut properties and change
    the target line to something like this.

    %SystemRoot%\System32\sndrec32.exe /play /close c:\pathtowavfile\wavfile.wav

    where the first part is the path to the soundrec file, the second part being
    self evident, and the third part being the location of the wav file you want to
    play.

    Now that you mention it, I would like to find how to get it to work with a
    shortcut to an mp3 ;-)
    Brian H¹©, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Richard Owlett wrote:

    > I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
    > *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
    >
    > Is there such a beast?

    Can anyone suggest why my post appeared multiple times?
    Richard Owlett, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Richard Owlett

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:25:03 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard Owlett scrawled:

    >Richard Owlett wrote:
    >
    >> I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
    >> *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
    >>
    >> Is there such a beast?
    >>

    >Can anyone suggest why my post appeared multiple times?

    I only see it once here.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Richard Owlett

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:,
    Richard Owlett <> typed:
    > Richard Owlett wrote:
    >
    > > I need a program which can play at least WAV files and
    > > *THEN MUST CLOSE completely* immediately.
    > >
    > > Is there such a beast?
    > >

    > Can anyone suggest why my post appeared multiple times?

    I see it only once.

    --
    Juan
    R.B. deux