    Also, I have tried dell.com but they don't seem to make the inspiron 1150
    anymore for some reason...

    -uplink
    Uplink, May 20, 2006

  2. Uplink

    Plato Guest

    Plato, May 20, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Pen Guest

    "Uplink" <> wrote in message
    news:jzybg.17210$zn1.10053@clgrps13...
    > On my Dell Inspiron 1150, I have formatted and deleted all partitions and
    > reinstalled a Dell OEM copy of windows xp. I installed graphics drivers
    > and modem drivers and there is no sound.
    >
    > I do not know what kind of sound card my laptops usess, but it has two
    > front speakers. Device manager says that there is a conflict with
    > "Multimidia Audio Controller" and I don't know what driver.
    >
    > Is there a tool I can use to find the type of sound card I have?
    >
    > Also, I have tried dell.com but they don't seem to make the inspiron 1150
    > anymore for some reason...
    >
    > -uplink

    Go to Dell support and ent6er the service tag. You
    can then get to all the info on your machine. Are you
    real sure about the model? Dell doesn't list an 1150,
    which is why using the service tag is best.
    http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs
    Pen, May 20, 2006
  4. Uplink

    Travis Guest

    When I open my laptop, in the top left corner on the keyboard area, there is
    text that exactly says (without quotes):

    "Inspiron | 1150" I got it in 2005 in feburary. I also may think that it has
    been changed to B150

    Travis, May 20, 2006
  5. Uplink

    Pen Guest

    "Travis" <> wrote in message
    > When I open my laptop, in the top left corner on the keyboard area, there
    > is text that exactly says (without quotes):
    >
    > "Inspiron | 1150" I got it in 2005 in feburary. I also may think that it
    > has been changed to B150
    >
    > "Pen" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Uplink" <> wrote in message
    >>> On my Dell Inspiron 1150, I have formatted and deleted all partitions
    >>> and reinstalled a Dell OEM copy of windows xp. I installed graphics
    >>> drivers and modem drivers and there is no sound.
    >>>
    >>> I do not know what kind of sound card my laptops usess, but it has two
    >>> front speakers. Device manager says that there is a conflict with
    >>> "Multimidia Audio Controller" and I don't know what driver.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a tool I can use to find the type of sound card I have?
    >>>
    >>> Also, I have tried dell.com but they don't seem to make the inspiron
    >>> 1150 anymore for some reason...
    >>>
    >>> -uplink

    >> Go to Dell support and ent6er the service tag. You
    >> can then get to all the info on your machine. Are you
    >> real sure about the model? Dell doesn't list an 1150,
    >> which is why using the service tag is best.
    >> http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

    Found it.
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1150/en/index.htm
    Pen, May 20, 2006