Audio Noise, pop, and click reduction software - old LPs

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bobster, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. bobster

    bobster Guest

    I have a collection of old, revered, well used (noisy) LPs which I want
    to record to CDs. I have experimented with Nero's Wave Editor software
    to record and prepare the audio tracks for burning to CDs. It works
    pretty well except for the process of removing noise, pops and clicks.
    It becomes VERY tedious and time consuming to do this. My question:

    I'm looking for a software filtering package that can simply do a
    single pass through the whole LP file and have it automatically remove
    pops, clicks, hiss and turntable rumble. Has anyone had specific
    experience with a product or products that performs this function well
    and easily, but doesn't destroy important frequency components of the
    source material?

    I have googled the subject and feel like I have been drinking from a
    fire hose.

    Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

    bobster, Mar 1, 2004

  2. bobster

    °Mike° Guest

    Try GoldWave
    http://www.goldwave.com/

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:33:06 GMT, in
    <SdM0c.158059$uV3.706392@attbi_s51>
    bobster scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 1, 2004

  3. bobster

    bobster Guest

    Tried GoldWave and it works fine. Filters are effective and it's easy
    to use. Downloaded the earlier version - shareware -- but will
    probably pop for the new version at $42 US.

    Only complaint is that the filter application processing is VERY slow,
    but then it may be my 300MHZ P11 machine and 5400RPM HD.

    Thanks for the good advice, Mike

    bobster, Mar 2, 2004
  4. bobster

    °Mike° Guest

    It must be your 300 PII. Goldwave is very fast
    on my machine.

    You're welcome.

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:21:59 GMT, in
    <bdS0c.19605$PR3.447406@attbi_s03>