    tomm Guest

    I have a MP3 file which I want to convert to a wav file and also change the
    framerate. What is the best way to do this?

    tomm, Jun 9, 2004

  2. tomm

    ICee Guest

    tomm wrote:
    > I have a MP3 file which I want to convert to a wav file and also
    > change the framerate. What is the best way to do this?

    Audio frame rate? Huh?

    You can convert MP3 to WAV (or vice versa) with jetAudio (free).
    http://www.jetaudio.com/download/

    ICee, Jun 10, 2004

  3. tomm

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 23:59:45 +0100, "tomm" <> scribbled:

    >I have a MP3 file which I want to convert to a wav file and also change the
    >framerate. What is the best way to do this?

    Frame rate refers to video, not audio.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 10, 2004
  4. tomm

    wise man Guest

    Please download Audio Splitter Convertor.
    It may help you.
    You can download from:
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/1/2/11-1-2-166.shtml
    or
    from their Site:
    http://www.coolextractor.com/
    It can
    1.It can split one Audio File (Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg) into smaller Audio
    files(MP3,Wav ,WMA,Ogg).
    2.It can can convert to all supported formats and you can switch
    between formats in one click!
    3.It can convert Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg from one format to another
    4.Allow for changing the property of the MP3 Wav, Ogg, Wma(such as
    Sample Rate,Bit Rate). CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of
    variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
    5.converts mp3,wma,Ogg into CD quality format wave files ready to
    burn.
    6.Visually define the time you want to split at by using slider bar.
    7.Allows for playing from the time before adding it into the splitting
    list.
    8Allows for previewing each section before doing the real splitting.
    9.Registered users receive free upgrades and support for life.
    10.Audio format conversion executes directly without any temporary
    files, and thus enables high converting speed and economy of hard disk
    resource.
    11.You can change bitrate , sample rate, stereo modes and other
    settings;

    wise man, Jun 11, 2004
  5. tomm

    ICee Guest

    wise man wrote:
    > Please download Audio Splitter Convertor.

    Why should I download anything? You should tell the OP, not me.

    ICee, Jun 11, 2004
  6. tomm

    velrum

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Except that doesn't make sense. We humans don't see or hear in frames, so why would video be in frames - because of some technical reason. Well sound could be in frames for a technical reason.

    And it should, it doesn't really make sense to me that one is and not the other.
    I'm trying to get some sound to mach up, and its impossible, if its in sync at the start it goes out of sync at the end, if its in sync at the end its out of sync at the start, and if its in sync in the middle its out of sync at either end.
    Its clearly like the sound is running at a wrong frame rate.

    velrum, Aug 24, 2009
  7. tomm

    brendan

    Joined:
    May 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    That is completely wrong. Mp3 audio certainly does have frames and a specific fixed frame rate. For audio sampled at 44.1khz the frame rate is 38 frames per second. There are 1152 samples per frame. This means a frame lasts 26 ms.

    http :// www . mp3-converter . com /mp3codec/frames.htm

    Please dont post incorrect information.

    Brendan

    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    brendan, May 4, 2010