    the high defenition drivers install fine but still get no sound and when i
    try to load other drivers the digital signature stops it and when i still
    allow it just freeze the driver installation
    dark dragon, Mar 9, 2008

  2. dark dragon

    Dennis Pack Guest

    dark dragon:
    Not knowing the exact HP model limits the answer available. If
    you've installed audio drivers, uninstall the drivers and onboard audio in
    device manager. Reboot, let Vista find and install the audio drivers. You
    most likely have Conexant audio which has different versions depending on
    the product. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64
    Dennis Pack, Mar 9, 2008

  3. dark dragon

    John Barnes Guest

    I think he means Home Premium which makes it even more useless.

    John Barnes, Mar 9, 2008
  4. dark dragon

    John Barnes Guest

    Vista came with pre-installed HD drivers by Microsoft that have worked fine
    for me. I still haven't installed the Realtek ones. Have you checked the
    settings in your sound section. The connections etc.

    John Barnes, Mar 9, 2008
  5. dark dragon

    Dennis Pack Guest

    John:
    I can't agree more. I was tolerating Home Premium on my laptop. I bought
    a new hard drive and now have Vista Enterprise x64 running flawlessly
    without unnecessary bloat. Still waiting for the new connector for WHS. Have
    a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Mar 9, 2008
  6. dark dragon

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Have you tried downloading the proper drivers for your HP PC/laptop from
    HP's web site?
    That's the way I do it with my HP 530 laptop.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 9, 2008