Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by ktemp72, Oct 29, 2008.

  1. ktemp72

    ktemp72 Guest

    Hello, I recently built a new system with Windows XP Pro 64bit with Service
    Pack 2 Operating System included. So far, I have had no success in getting
    audio working for my system. The problem lies within drivers for my audio
    hardware. When trying to install these drivers, I receive and error message
    saying: "HDA Audio Bus required". I have searched the internet for days
    looking for a way to fix this problem and have come across many different
    supposed solutions, none of which have worked.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=901105 This is the link that I have been
    referred to the most, containing the hotfix kb901105 for windows xp64.
    However, when I run this hotfix, I receive an error message saying: "Setup
    has detected that the service pack version of this system is newer than the
    update you are applying. There is no need to install this update." I assume
    this is because I have Service Pack 2 came pre-installed. I have also been
    referred to KB888111wXPSP2. This download was supposed to be specifically
    for XP Pro with service pack 2. However, when running this, I receive an
    error message: "This KB888111WXPSP2 is for a different hardware platform."
    This message leaves me with a dead end and no information on how to resolve
    the issue. In addition, I scoured the internet forums and found another fix
    that had worked for others, kb835221. When running this fix, I receive this
    error: "Setup could not find the update.inf file needed to update your
    system." I am stuck at this point. I have searched for hours trying to find
    a fix for this problem, but there seems to be none. At some places, I read
    that there are some files/drivers that can only be obtained from microsoft
    support, files that are not listed publicly, however I am not certain these
    statements are true. Any help you can give me in this situation would be
    much appreciated

    ktemp72, Oct 29, 2008

  2. ktemp72

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    First things first.
    What is your audio hardware?
    Is it a PCI sound card (Soundblaster, Genius, etc.)?
    Is it a chipset embedded in your motherboard, a.k.a. onboard audio?
    What motherboard, what chipset, what model, etc.?
    Give us as much data as you can.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 29, 2008

  3. ktemp72

    ktemp72 Guest

    I have an Asus Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Mobo that came
    with a SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card PCI audio card. I am trying to use the
    drivers on the installation CD for the sound card. Also, there are only one
    set of drivers currently online so there is nothing I can get from Asus.

    ktemp72, Oct 30, 2008
  4. ktemp72

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    This card is new stuff for me.
    You might want to try ASUS specific forum for this card.
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=Maximus II Formula&SLanguage=en-us
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 30, 2008
  5. ktemp72

    John Barnes Guest

    See if Creative has more up to date drivers. It is a Creative pci card.
    Also check the BIOS audio settings.

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2008
  6. ktemp72

    Dennis Pack Guest

    OT Re: Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

    John:
    Welcome back.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1

    Dennis Pack, Nov 2, 2008
  7. ktemp72

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: OT Re: Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

    Thanks Dennis. How are you doing.

    John Barnes, Nov 3, 2008
  8. ktemp72

    ktemp72 Guest

    I've looked on the creative website however my specific sound card is not
    listed as it is not a "sound blaster", which is the name of the model sold by
    creative, but the Asus version of their cards. It looks as though the
    drivers differ from card to card, so I am not sure as to which of the drivers
    I should download. Hopefully I am not missing something and wasting your
    time, but any help is appreciated.
    All seems to be well in the Bios.

    ktemp72, Nov 3, 2008
  9. ktemp72

    ktemp72 Guest

    In addition to this question, is there any way to roll back to SP1 if my disc
    of XP Pro 64 had SP2 with it? If were able to roll back I should be able to
    use the hotfix designed before SP2 to solve this issue, however as of now I
    have not found any way to do this.

    ktemp72, Nov 3, 2008
  10. Are you sure about that name?

    Creative currently have

    X-Fi Titanium
    X-Fi Elite
    X-Fi Platinum
    X-Fi Xtreme
    cards listed on this site:

    http://dk.europe.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1

    You could check out the specifications of your card and pick a driver that
    is a close match to yours from there - if it's an X-Fi it should work as
    long as you make sure you pick a 64bit driver that also matches your OS!!!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 3, 2008
  11. ktemp72

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Re: OT Re: Audio Drivers Problem with SP2

    John:
    Still stable and just started another single chemical chemo pattern
    every three weeks for about three months. My Doctor is still irritated with
    me for going back to work full time in April, but I have to keep busy and
    have insurance in effect.

    Dennis Pack, Nov 3, 2008
  12. See
    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0&model=2166&modelmenu=2

    The sound chip is said to be an ADI® AD2000B 8-channel High Definition Audio
    CODEC. Apparently, Linux detects it as an AD1989B as there is no AD2000B
    listed on Analog Devices site.

    It seems your only hope is an update from Asus. See
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us .

    Dominic Payer, Nov 3, 2008
  13. ktemp72

    Carlos Guest

    Hi, John!
    Where have you been all this time?
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 3, 2008
  14. ktemp72

    John Barnes Guest

    Hi Carlos. My satellite got hit by 'something' and lost the antenna for my
    area. Only recently have they established a signal I can receive without
    cutting down trees I want to keep.

    John Barnes, Nov 6, 2008
  15. ktemp72

    Keith_Hailey Guest

    It's not a problem with SP2. It's strictly a driver problem and rolling back
    to SP1 will only slow your machine down.

    The only Sounblaster that I have found to be compatible with XP (any
    version) was Soundblaster Live 5.1. Anything before that was Win 9.X . I've
    seen them work with XP on some machine and not work on others.

    Try the Audigy drivers. Audigy was what replaced the Soundblaster. See if
    you can find pictures or specs to see if you can find what you actually have.

    Also, make sure that the onboard audio in the bios disabled. Onboard audio
    is what the drivers on your motherboard disk are for.

    Looking at the Asus site, the only audio driver I see is for audio is "
    SoundMAX Audio Driver v5.10.1.6480/v5.10.2.6480 for Windows XP/64bit XP. "
    2008/06/05 update . None for any PCI card audio.

    So, If you can't find the one for the card, the Soundmax audio chips on the
    motherboard do sound pretty good, though I personally prefer the Realtech for
    onboard audio for control purposes. Soundwise, you get noise out of both.

    Keith

    Keith_Hailey, Nov 12, 2008
  16. ktemp72

    AstroBlackS Guest

    I am having the exact same issue. Has anyone figured out a fix yet???

    AstroBlackS, Feb 17, 2009
  17. ktemp72

    BARBARA Guest

    I EREASE MY AUDIO PROGRAM BY MISTAKE N I HAVE NO AUDIO WHAT SHOULD I DO>
    --
    thanks

    BARBARA, Aug 6, 2009