    are very proud of it, useless to say).

    Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?

    Regards
    Coercitas, May 18, 2005

  2. Coercitas

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    It is on the ASUS website. ASUS has drivers for all MB Hardware for x64 on
    their website. Perhaps you can go look again.

    If you cannot find it on the ASUS website (and it *IS* there), you can also
    get it form www.planetamd64.com.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, May 18, 2005

  3. Coercitas

    Coercitas Guest

    Hello and thanx for the link,

    For ASUS WEBSITE, either you're wrong, either my browser is a liar but I
    fail to find anything for x64 and my motherboard.

    Will try the other link.

    Regards

    #...

    Coercitas, May 18, 2005
  4. Coercitas

    Coercitas Guest

    Ok, I find them on www.planetamd64.com and I really thank you for this but
    I'm 99% sure they aren't on the Asus Website, at least not in the list of
    available drivers for NCCH-DL...I won't post they aren't before checking,
    you might think.

    Coercitas, May 18, 2005
  5. Coercitas

    R. B. Guest

    Coercitas wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >

    > I would like to know where I can find x64 audio drivers (the one I'm looking
    > for is Soundmax Cadenza, I think it is a AC'97 chipset but not sure).
    >
    > Asus didn't publish any driver for x64 OS despite they claim in every
    > advertising that their motherboard is fully compatible with x64 OS (and they
    > are very proud of it, useless to say).
    >
    > Can someone send a link to compatible drivers ?
    >

    > Regards

    This is my motherboard (NCCH-DL). The on-board sound is actually
    AD1980(SoundMax). The driver that I found works for it is in Asus
    website under the motherboard K8V Deluxe. It can be found at
    http://www.asus.com/support/downloa...f_name=ad1980_1888_51225280_64bit.zip~zaqwedc
    One problem I had was the setup.exe wouldn't run because it "didn't
    support my hardware" Just update through device manager (the inf files
    are in \64bit\smaxwdm\w2k_xp inside the zip file)
    R. B., May 18, 2005
  6. Coercitas

    Coercitas Guest

    Hello and thanx R.B., will try yours as well (but I think the one I got from
    www.planetamd64.com is fine).

    Btw, thanx all for your replies.

    Coercitas, May 18, 2005
  7. What's interesting is that ASUS has drivers for AC97 for all their current
    _workstation_ motherboards. (and that's what others are reporting as seeing
    available on the ASUS site, obviously). But nothing showing at all for the
    NCCH. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but obviously there are other resources to
    find the drivers, fortunately. As NoNoBadDog points out, planetamd64.com is
    the current favourite for drivers, with the best selection.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 18, 2005
  8. No, actually, they are NOT there for his system. For reasons known only to
    ASUS, they are showing NO new drivers at all for the NCCH-DL. Yes, other ASUS
    products have drivers available for the AC'97 chipset, but with the NCCH
    there's nothing. So cut him some slack. How would he know to not look under
    his dual-Xeon Nacona system, but under an AMD Athlon 64 based system for
    drivers?

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 18, 2005