    Regards
    GRodon

    Its awfully quiet around around here Mr. Bond

    carol, Apr 12, 2005

  2. carol

    ftran999 Guest

    "carol" <> wrote in message
    news:qwV6e.37768$...
    > Hi,
    > Running winxp with sp1 had to reload windows xp. motherboard is ECS k7s5a
    > with onboard ac97 sound. driver disc for motherboard is not compatible
    > with
    > XP.
    > downloaded sis7012 driver from ecs site. on installation I get error
    > message
    > (The name is already in use either as a service or service display name)
    > Can anyone advise a way around this short of buying new motherboard.
    > Regards
    > GRodon
    >
    > Its awfully quiet around around here Mr. Bond

    If the motherboard mfr site was of no help you may want to dl the drivers
    from the sound card mfr. http://snipurl.com/6f6w

    ftran999, Apr 12, 2005

  3. carol wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Running winxp with sp1 had to reload windows xp. motherboard is ECS
    > k7s5a with onboard ac97 sound. driver disc for motherboard is not
    > compatible with XP.
    > downloaded sis7012 driver from ecs site. on installation I get error
    > message (The name is already in use either as a service or service
    > display name) Can anyone advise a way around this short of buying new
    > motherboard. Regards
    > GRodon
    >
    > Its awfully quiet around around here Mr. Bond

    Have you installed Service Pak 2?
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV (Confirmation coming up any time now.)

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Apr 12, 2005
  4. carol

    cineman Guest

    "ftran999" <> wrote in message

    > "carol" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > Running winxp with sp1 had to reload windows xp. motherboard is ECS

    k7s5a
    > > with onboard ac97 sound. driver disc for motherboard is not compatible
    > > with
    > > XP.
    > > downloaded sis7012 driver from ecs site. on installation I get error
    > > message
    > > (The name is already in use either as a service or service display

    name)
    > > Can anyone advise a way around this short of buying new motherboard.
    > > Regards
    > > GRodon
    > >
    > > Its awfully quiet around around here Mr. Bond
    > >

    > If the motherboard mfr site was of no help you may want to dl the drivers
    > from the sound card mfr. http://snipurl.com/6f6w

    Thanks for link, IT WORKED.
    Pat on back.
    Very many thanks can now listen to organist entertains from BBC again.
    regards
    Grodon

    cineman, Apr 12, 2005