audio driver reinstall

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nunya, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. nunya

    nunya Guest

    Grrrrr.....

    By xp pro box belched and blew out my audio drivers. I would appreciate a bit of advice about the reinstall.

    XP Pro
    2000 mb ram
    Via Mother

    Soundlaster Live! drivers reinstalled and I have my music back, but running a check of the system indicates I have bad drivers for my vinl AC'97 Combo driver (wdm) onboard via drivers.

    The sound is working great with just the SB drivers installed. Do I still need to/want to reinstall the onboard drivers? Is there an advantage to installing vs leaving them uninstalled at this point?

    Thanks
    Nunya

    nunya, Sep 1, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    "nunya" <> wrote:

    > Grrrrr.....
    >
    > By xp pro box belched and blew out my audio drivers. I would appreciate a bit
    > of advice about the reinstall.
    >
    > XP Pro
    > 2000 mb ram
    > Via Mother
    >
    > Soundlaster Live! drivers reinstalled and I have my music back, but running a
    > check of the system indicates I have bad drivers for my vinl AC'97 Combo
    > driver (wdm) onboard via drivers.
    >
    > The sound is working great with just the SB drivers installed. Do I still
    > need to/want to reinstall the onboard drivers? Is there an advantage to
    > installing vs leaving them uninstalled at this point?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nunya

    No advantage at all. In fact, you should disable onboard sound
    altogether in BIOS setup if you're using an add on sound card.
    David Matthew Wood, Sep 2, 2006

  3. nunya

    nunya Guest

    "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message

    > In article <>,
    > "nunya" <> wrote:

    Do I still
    >> need to/want to reinstall the onboard drivers? Is there an advantage to
    >> installing vs leaving them uninstalled at this point?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Nunya

    > No advantage at all. In fact, you should disable onboard sound
    > altogether in BIOS setup if you're using an add on sound card.

    Yep, well done, thanks - next stop Bios.

    TYVM
    nunya
    nunya, Sep 2, 2006