    also no luck.

    My mobo is an EVGA X58 series.

    Anyone know of any other hotfixes or updates that will help? Thanks!

    AstroBlackS, Feb 17, 2009

  2. AstroBlackS

    AstroBlackS Guest

    I forgot to mention that I have SP2.

    I was reading over some of the other threads and I seem to be having the
    exact same issue as ktemp72 in the thread "Audio Drivers Problem with SP2"

    AstroBlackS, Feb 17, 2009

  3. AstroBlackS

    Corsair Guest

    I've had some similar problems with Realtek drivers, that everything is
    working fine,
    but when I update the drivers to the latest version, I don´t know what
    happens, that
    it made a mesh and no audio it's heard (in win xp pro x32 and x64 machines).

    I've solved that fix installing again the original drivers of the MOBO and
    not touch
    it a again, try it.

    Cheers/ Corsair.
    de noticias:...

    Corsair, Feb 17, 2009
  4. I guess I'm lucky. So far I have not had my audio messed up
    by any of the Realtek updates.

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 17, 2009
  5. Have you tried contacting EVGA Tech Support?

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 17, 2009
  6. though I never listen as it seems like it is in our blood that if there is
    an update available then we need it whether we really need it or not. Every
    time I update I cross my fingers and so far only one time has a update
    caused me a problem and then I deleted the whole program and started new
    and just left the original program in. Of course you get the old adage if
    it isn't broke don't try to fix it.
    =============

    David B. Mathews, Feb 17, 2009
  7. AstroBlackS

    Guest

    In <>, =?Utf-8?B?QXN0cm9CbGFja1M=?= <> writes:
    >My audio doesn't work. I have windows XP x64 edition. The on-board audio
    >controls work fine, it registers when I plug speakers into the jacks, but I
    >cannot get any sound.
    >
    >I've tried the following hotfix: support.microsoft.com/kb/835221
    >
    >but no luck. I also tried downloading the latest driver from Realtek, but
    >also no luck.
    >
    >My mobo is an EVGA X58 series.
    >
    >Anyone know of any other hotfixes or updates that will help? Thanks!

    I had exactly the same problem.

    It turned out that the sound chip sent such a weak signal that it could not be
    heard on the (KVM shared) monitor speakers where the hardware volume was
    adjusted for the other computer.

    , Feb 18, 2009
  8. AstroBlackS

    AstroBlackS Guest

    Yes, they referred me to the kb article I mentioned in the 1st post.
    Unfortunately that did not work. I contacted them again, and informed them of
    the issue trying to install the hotfix and it not finding the update.inf
    file. They recommended downloading it from another PC as the download must to
    be corrupt. In the read-me on the kb articles, they specifically say it will
    not work on 64-bit OS.

    AstroBlackS, Feb 18, 2009
  9. AstroBlackS

    AstroBlackS Guest

    Unfortunately I've had the issue from the start. I just built this computer
    and used the drivers that came with everything. When those did not work, I
    began to search for updates.

    AstroBlackS, Feb 18, 2009
  10. I seriously doubt this is a Windows problem and strongly
    suggest going to the EVGA forum for you MB
    http://www.evga.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=68

    If you don't find any answers there, then RMA the board for
    a replacement!

    I have XP Pro x64, Vista x64, and Win & x64 all using
    Realtek HD drivers and they all work.

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 18, 2009
  11. Have you checked that the Realtek device is the default sound output
    device? If you have an ATI graphics card the default device may be set
    as the ATI card's HDMI sound output.

    Dominic Payer, Feb 19, 2009
  12. AstroBlackS

    AstroBlackS Guest

    I'm not certain what you mean. Was there a fix?

    AstroBlackS, Feb 20, 2009
  13. AstroBlackS

    AstroBlackS Guest

    I did make certain that the realtek device is selected as the audio device. I
    even installed another sound card from an older computer I had (Sound Blaster
    Live! 24bit), and even that won't play sound.

    That's the main reason why I am certain that it is software/driver related,
    as the computer says that all the devices are working properly, yet not a
    sound will play.

    AstroBlackS, Feb 20, 2009
  14. AstroBlackS

    Guest

    In <>, =?Utf-8?B?QXN0cm9CbGFja1M=?= <> writes:
    >I'm not certain what you mean. Was there a fix?

    Yes, turn up the volume on speaker hardware.

    >"" wrote:
    >
    >> In <>, =?Utf-8?B?QXN0cm9CbGFja1M=?= <> writes:
    >> >My audio doesn't work. I have windows XP x64 edition. The on-board audio
    >> >controls work fine, it registers when I plug speakers into the jacks, but I
    >> >cannot get any sound.
    >> >
    >> >I've tried the following hotfix: support.microsoft.com/kb/835221
    >> >
    >> >but no luck. I also tried downloading the latest driver from Realtek, but
    >> >also no luck.
    >> >
    >> >My mobo is an EVGA X58 series.
    >> >
    >> >Anyone know of any other hotfixes or updates that will help? Thanks!

    >> I had exactly the same problem.
    >>
    >> It turned out that the sound chip sent such a weak signal that it could not be
    >> heard on the (KVM shared) monitor speakers where the hardware volume was
    >> adjusted for the other computer.

    , Feb 20, 2009
  15. If you have tried another sound card with the same result I would
    suspect a fault with the speakers, cables or connections, unless the
    sound volumes are muted or turned down below audible level.

    This http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100478630 suggests a possible
    solution. If it is hardware related, the EVGA forums are the best place
    for advice.

    Dominic Payer, Feb 20, 2009