    headphones, but only thing that seems to work is reboot.
    I haven't as yet found any app that may be doing it.
    Any ideas?

    VE2, Aug 20, 2009

  2. The driver from Microsoft may not be a full functionality driver. I
    recommend downloading the latest driver from the web. You don't specify
    which HD Audio chip you have but if it's Realtek go to www.realtek and
    download the HD Codecs driver package.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 20, 2009

  3. P.S.

    The link for Realtek is www.realtek.com

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 20, 2009
  4. VE2

    Carlos Guest

    And this will take the OP a little closer

    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 20, 2009
  5. VE2

    Carlos Guest

    VE2,
    Soundmax is the audio chipset manufacturer and does not provide the drivers,
    leaving the task to the motherboard manufacturers.
    You are at the wrong side of the river. If you had a Realteak chipset you'd
    be lucky because they do offer drivers from their site, as mentioned in other
    posts.
    It will not be easy to find drivers for the AD1986A chipset.
    My suggestion is that you try to identify other motherboards that use this
    same chipset, starting by ASUS, and then see if you find updated drivers
    there.
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 21, 2009