    CD.

    Is this likely to be down to the disk type (dye types) or burning
    hardware?

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford

    thing Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > Some disks I have had no trouble in a regular CD player, others in the
    > same equipment skip occasionally even if there is a high quality brand of
    > CD.
    >
    > Is this likely to be down to the disk type (dye types) or burning
    > hardware?

    I am a little lost why there are audio cd-r's and data cd-r's its all
    1's and 0's......

    marketing hype yet again?

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Patrick Dunford

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 07:01:35 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >> Some disks I have had no trouble in a regular CD player, others in the
    >> same equipment skip occasionally even if there is a high quality brand of
    >> CD.
    >>
    >> Is this likely to be down to the disk type (dye types) or burning
    >> hardware?

    >I am a little lost why there are audio cd-r's and data cd-r's its all
    >1's and 0's......
    >
    >marketing hype yet again?

    Licencing dollars are built into the price of the audio ones. The home audio cd
    recorders won't record to a normal data cdr.

    Craig Shore, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Patrick Dunford

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Patrick Dunford <> wrote in

    > Some disks I have had no trouble in a regular CD player, others in the
    > same equipment skip occasionally even if there is a high quality brand
    > of CD.
    >
    > Is this likely to be down to the disk type (dye types) or burning
    > hardware?

    Usually this is due to dye type, but could also be burn speed. I burn
    audio at 4x to make it more backwards compatable. Look at the colour of
    the problem media, different colour means dye problem. My old portable
    couldn't read my burnt CD's so I use my DVD player on the tv for them now.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jul 8, 2004
  5. In article <NQgHc.6958$>,
    says...
    > Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > > Some disks I have had no trouble in a regular CD player, others in the
    > > same equipment skip occasionally even if there is a high quality brand of
    > > CD.
    > >
    > > Is this likely to be down to the disk type (dye types) or burning
    > > hardware?

    > I am a little lost why there are audio cd-r's and data cd-r's its all
    > 1's and 0's......
    >
    > marketing hype yet again?

    I'm referring to any type of CD-R burned with audio.

    The difference between Audio and Data, of what you're referring to, is
    that consumer standalone CD recorders can only use Audio discs.

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 8, 2004
  6. In article <Xns95215FDD7C0CFdaveytaynospamplshot@202.20.93.13>,
    says...
    > Patrick Dunford <> wrote in
    >
    > > Some disks I have had no trouble in a regular CD player, others in the
    > > same equipment skip occasionally even if there is a high quality brand
    > > of CD.
    > >
    > > Is this likely to be down to the disk type (dye types) or burning
    > > hardware?

    > Usually this is due to dye type, but could also be burn speed. I burn
    > audio at 4x to make it more backwards compatable. Look at the colour of
    > the problem media, different colour means dye problem. My old portable
    > couldn't read my burnt CD's so I use my DVD player on the tv for them now.
    > Ciao, Dave

    So any particular dye type better than others?

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 8, 2004
  7. Patrick Dunford

    Invisible Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:10:42 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    <> wrote:

    >In article <Xns95215FDD7C0CFdaveytaynospamplshot@202.20.93.13>,
    > says...
    >> Patrick Dunford <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Some disks I have had no trouble in a regular CD player, others in the
    >> > same equipment skip occasionally even if there is a high quality brand
    >> > of CD.
    >> >
    >> > Is this likely to be down to the disk type (dye types) or burning
    >> > hardware?

    >> Usually this is due to dye type, but could also be burn speed. I burn
    >> audio at 4x to make it more backwards compatable. Look at the colour of
    >> the problem media, different colour means dye problem. My old portable
    >> couldn't read my burnt CD's so I use my DVD player on the tv for them now.
    >> Ciao, Dave

    >So any particular dye type better than others?

    I think it depends on the CD player. My old one liked the dark coloured dye and
    had major problems with the very light green.

    Invisible, Jul 9, 2004