    (but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it plays on my
    computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to play in a normal
    cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

    Stevie R, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Stevie R

    Stevie R Guest

    "Stevie R" <> wrote in message
    news:bhrhob$47r$...
    > I have Nero Express 5.5 and would like to burn a cd for playing in my
    > home cd player. I selected 'Audio CD' under the music category and
    > dragged the mp3s across. Once completed, the cd would not play the

    music
    > (but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it plays on

    my
    > computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to play in a

    normal
    > cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

    I forgot to add, I had checked the 'Finalize Disk' and 'Disk at once'
    options. And I have been able to play burned cds using the cd player on
    another version of Nero (not sure which version) that I had on another
    computer a while back.

    Stevie R, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Stevie R

    paul s Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:51:08 +0100, Stevie R wrote:

    > I have Nero Express 5.5 and would like to burn a cd for playing in my
    > home cd player. I selected 'Audio CD' under the music category and
    > dragged the mp3s across. Once completed, the cd would not play the music
    > (but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it plays on
    > my computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to play in a
    > normal cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

    What sort of media are you using? If you're using CDRW, then a lot of
    standard audio players can't play these, unless they're multi-read
    capable. CDR media is generally OK, but some brands can be a bit iffy on
    audio players. Try a different brand, and also try burning at a slower
    speed.

    --
    Paul S
    - Microsoft: The company that made MP3 dangerous. -

    paul s, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Stevie R wrote:
    : I have Nero Express 5.5 and would like to burn a cd for playing in my
    : home cd player. I selected 'Audio CD' under the music category and
    : dragged the mp3s across. Once completed, the cd would not play the
    : music (but still recognised there were several tracks). However, it
    : plays on my computer as .cda files. What format should they be in to
    : play in a normal cd player? And how do I set Nero to convert to this?

    I use 5.5 and from what you've said, it should play in a normal cd player!
    if you can play it through your computer, its burnt ok, but, it may not have
    burnt the lead in and out, which a cd player needs to find the tracks.
    try burning the same compilation at a slower speed, personally i only burn
    on 2x speed and even then still end up with a few 'coasters'!
    nero converts mp3s into normal audio played by a cd player.

    Zeta Reticulae, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Stevie R

    Stevie R Guest

    "Zeta Reticulae" <> wrote in message
    > I use 5.5 and from what you've said, it should play in a normal cd

    player!
    > if you can play it through your computer, its burnt ok, but, it may not

    have
    > burnt the lead in and out, which a cd player needs to find the tracks.
    > try burning the same compilation at a slower speed, personally i only

    burn
    > on 2x speed and even then still end up with a few 'coasters'!
    > nero converts mp3s into normal audio played by a cd player.

    Thanks I tried the 3,600 speed option and managed to get the songs to
    play. However, this is only after the cd player searches for the song for
    a good few seconds each time! Will try an even slower speed next time....

    Stevie R, Aug 18, 2003
  6. Stevie R

    Stevie R Guest

    "paul s" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:51:08 +0100, Stevie R wrote:
    > What sort of media are you using? If you're using CDRW, then a lot of
    > standard audio players can't play these, unless they're multi-read
    > capable. CDR media is generally OK, but some brands can be a bit iffy

    on
    > audio players. Try a different brand, and also try burning at a slower
    > speed.

    They are CDRs and I think they are quite cheap (my brother bought them!).
    now think it might be due to the fact that they are cheap and I was also
    burning them at too high a speed.

    Stevie R, Aug 18, 2003