    solution. Thanks

    Regards,
    Simon
    Simon Lee, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Simon Lee

    Dargo Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:06:07 +0800, "Simon Lee" <>
    wrote:

    >Dear all,
    >
    >Using TmpgEnc to merge two MPEG1 files into one, I find that there is a time
    >lag between the video and the audio parts, Why? Please give me possible
    >solution. Thanks
    >
    >Regards,
    >Simon

    best bet is not enough memory or CPU is to slow.
    should run with at least 512 meg memory 1 gig preferred
    CPU show be 3 MHz or faster, always defrag your hd before beginning
    Dargo, Jan 21, 2005

  3. Simon Lee

    Will Dormann Guest

    Dargo wrote:
    > best bet is not enough memory or CPU is to slow.
    > should run with at least 512 meg memory 1 gig preferred
    > CPU show be 3 MHz or faster, always defrag your hd before beginning

    None of those would affect audio sync in the case described.

    --
    -WD
    Will Dormann, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Simon Lee

    Sheppy Guest

    >> best bet is not enough memory or CPU is to slow.
    >> should run with at least 512 meg memory 1 gig preferred
    >> CPU show be 3 MHz or faster, always defrag your hd before beginning

    > None of those would affect audio sync in the case described.

    The most likely cause is that the captured Mpeg1 files had padding put in
    beforehand when previously captured by an analogue capture card, and while
    these usually play Ok, they seem to exhibit audio sync problems when encoded
    or re-worked.
    Sheppy, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Simon Lee

    rampage Guest

    "Sheppy" <> wrote in

    >>> best bet is not enough memory or CPU is to slow.
    >>> should run with at least 512 meg memory 1 gig preferred
    >>> CPU show be 3 MHz or faster, always defrag your hd before beginning

    >> None of those would affect audio sync in the case described.

    > The most likely cause is that the captured Mpeg1 files had padding put
    > in beforehand when previously captured by an analogue capture card,
    > and while these usually play Ok, they seem to exhibit audio sync
    > problems when encoded or re-worked.

    I pre-process nearly all my ReplayTV conversions with VirtualDub by first
    find a LOT of VBR and sync 'errors.' It can't fix everything, but it's
    worth a shot (and free)

    http://www.virtualdub.org/index

    rampage
    rampage, Jan 21, 2005
  6. Simon Lee

    Octavian Guest

    "rampage" <> wrote in message
    > "Sheppy" <> wrote in

    > >> None of those would affect audio sync in the case described.

    > > The most likely cause is that the captured Mpeg1 files had padding put
    > > in beforehand when previously captured by an analogue capture card,
    > > and while these usually play Ok, they seem to exhibit audio sync
    > > problems when encoded or re-worked.
    > >

    > I pre-process nearly all my ReplayTV conversions with VirtualDub by first
    > find a LOT of VBR and sync 'errors.' It can't fix everything, but it's
    > worth a shot (and free)

    It's nice to know that SOMEBODY knows what they're talking about.
    Octavian, Jan 22, 2005