    In the SPA-2000, is there any "soft" way of increasing audio volume and
    decreasing ring volume?? Thanks and best regards,

    Art
    artlab, Sep 28, 2005

  2. artlab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "artlab" <> wrote in message
    news:tYx_e.7771$
    > In the SPA-2000, is there any "soft" way of increasing
    > audio volume and decreasing ring volume?? Thanks and
    > best regards,
    >
    > Art

    No, it's down to the phone. My phones (BT Converse 2025) both have ring
    and audio volume settings anyway.

    You might possibly cause a phone to ring louder if you increase the
    ringing voltage but I wouldn't recommend it or guarantee it wouldn't break
    your phone, so you try it at your own risk..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 28, 2005

  3. artlab

    artlab Guest

    Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring softer, not louder..
    Does this mean that I can lower the ringing voltage safely?
    Thanks, and best regards,

    Art

    artlab, Sep 28, 2005
  4. artlab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "artlab" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring
    > softer, not louder.. Does this mean that I can lower the
    > ringing voltage safely?
    > Thanks, and best regards,
    >
    > Art

    Possibly, but depending on the type of ringer it might just stop working
    altogether..!

    It really is a phone function, maybe it's worth trying a different phone.

    Ivor
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    Ivor Jones, Sep 28, 2005
  5. artlab

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    artlab <> wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring softer, not louder..
    > Does this mean that I can lower the ringing voltage safely?

    Is it a mechanical or electronic ringer?

    miguel
    Miguel Cruz, Sep 28, 2005
  6. artlab

    artlab Guest

    "Miguel Cruz" <> wrote in message
    > artlab <> wrote:
    > > Thanks for your reply Ivor. I want to make the ring softer, not

    louder..
    > > Does this mean that I can lower the ringing voltage safely?

    > Is it a mechanical or electronic ringer?
    >
    > miguel
    > --
    > Hit The Road! Photos from 36 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
    > Latest photos: Queens Day in Amsterdam; the Grand Canyon; Amman, Jordan

    Miguel, Ivor: It's an electronic ringer. I experimented with lowering the
    voltage and there is a threshold around 50 volts where the ringer simply
    stops working (which was to be expected). I do not have a ring control on
    the phone so I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Best regard,

    Art
    artlab, Sep 28, 2005
  7. artlab

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "artlab" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Miguel, Ivor: It's an electronic ringer. I experimented
    > with lowering the voltage and there is a threshold around
    > 50 volts where the ringer simply stops working (which was
    > to be expected). I do not have a ring control on the
    > phone so I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Best
    > regard,

    Or change the phone ;-)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 28, 2005
  8. "Ivor Jones" <> writes:
    > "artlab" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> Miguel, Ivor: It's an electronic ringer. I experimented
    >> with lowering the voltage and there is a threshold around
    >> 50 volts where the ringer simply stops working (which was
    >> to be expected). I do not have a ring control on the
    >> phone so I guess I'm going to have to live with it. Best
    >> regard,

    > Or change the phone ;-)

    If you are going to change it, why not experiment and put a resistor
    in series with the ringer unit. What is the worst that can happen?
    You can break the phone and you need to change it, which leaves you at
    step #1 "change the phone". ;-)

    -wolfgang
    Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.
    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Sep 29, 2005