    palladia
    palladia's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25106
    palladia, May 22, 2006

  2. palladia

    John Barnes Guest

    I have the same sound card with no problems, though with less functionality
    than the 32-bit driver and attendant support programs

    John Barnes, May 22, 2006

  3. palladia

    John Barnes Guest

    for reference the driver I have is 5.12.8.1164 Dated 12/8/2005

    John Barnes, May 22, 2006
  4. palladia

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    I have the same card and the same driver and it works fine with x64. A
    couple of thoughts. Check to make sure that if you have an onboard sound
    chip as part of the motherboard, turn it off in the BIOS. It might have
    worked okay that way with 32 bit Win XP, but maybe x64 is more finicky.

    Second, does the OS actually see the sound card in the Control Panel?
    Are there any exclamation points on any of the multimedia devices? Is
    the card sharing an IRQ with another device? That shouldn't be a
    problem, but you can try moving the Audigy card to a different PCI slot.
    Windows will most likely reassign the card to another IRQ.

    Third, check all the audio settings. Something may have been reset to
    default values when you installed x64. Open "Adjust Audio Properties"
    from the taskbar and check everything. I suppose I should ask. Does this
    happen with all multimedia software? I assume that you don't even hear
    the WAV file when Windows starts up.

    jabloomf1230, May 22, 2006
  5. palladia

    palladia Guest

    I've verified that the onboard audio is off. I had accidentally
    installed the driver for the onboard audio, but I have just removed it,
    and reinstalled the Creative Labs drivers. Still not good!

    Here's the odd thing - I can't get audio from either the coxial output
    in the front or the 6-channel analog in the rear, but I can get audio
    out of the headphone jack from the front. So somehow it thinks I have
    a two-channel setup.

    BTW, I can't hear any type of music. No Windows WAV files, or sounds
    from DVD's. I do hear a slight thump when I turn the computer
    on/off...

    palladia, May 22, 2006
  6. palladia

    Larry Hodges Guest

    I have the Audigy 2 CZ and play a ton of games without issue. I had issues
    with the RealTek onboard sound, which is why I went to the Audigy in the
    first place. No problems since. The games I play are typically CS 1.6,
    CSS, HL2, FEAR, FarCry rFactor, Q4, and GR3.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, May 22, 2006
  7. Are you sure you connected everything correctly?

    If it's a Creative Speaker System the speakers goes to marked connectors on
    the woofer and the green connector on the card goes to the green connector
    on the woofer, that is all you need for sound - anything else will be
    specific.

    Also, check that if you set it up for digital/analog output that it is set
    to support this all the way through - i.e. in the Creative setup as well as
    in the windows devices setup. Hope this makes sense!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 22, 2006
  8. palladia

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    I echo what Tony is saying. First, If the front chassis headphone jack
    is working, I'm a little confused, because I don't know what your
    motherboard brand and model is. Usually that front chassis headphone
    jack is either for the onboard sound or the optical drive audio, but
    that is MB dependent. Try plugging the headphones into one of the sound
    card's (not the PC chassis') analog output jacks and see if you hear
    anything. Then try plugging the headphones into the back chassis analog
    speaker output jacks. Check all the settings on both Open Volume
    Control and Adjust Audio Properties from the speaker icon in the task
    bar. Make sure some or all of the channels aren't muted and look at the
    "Digital Output Only" check box to see what that's set to. Also check
    "Speaker Settings" under the Advanced button.

    Also, run Creative Media Source and click the button "Creative Audio
    Console". Make sure the settings are correct here too and that the check
    box "Synchronize with Microsoft Windows Control Panel" is checked under
    the "Speakers" tab.I'm sure you've done all this, but be methodical
    about it. Creative's software interface is not intuitive and it's easy
    to miss a setting, since they are duplicated in a bunch of places. The
    32 bit version of the software is easier to use and has the options
    arranged in a fashion that they are easier to find.

    BTW, do any of the I/O jacks on the remote box work, like the one marked
    "Headphones"?

    Jay

    jabloomf1230, May 23, 2006
  9. palladia

    palladia Guest

    My motherboard is a MSI Neo2 Platinum, a nVidia nForce3 board. When I
    said front connector, I didn't mean motherboard connectors. The Audigy
    2 ZS platinum has an external unit that goes into a 5-1/4 inch slot. On
    it, there are a number of jacks, including an coxial jack (doesn't seem
    to work), and a phone jack with volume control (works). On the back of
    the sound card, there are analog outputs. I tried headphone with all
    front/center/rear jacks, and heard nothing.

    What bugs me is that this used to work, before I upgraded to X64.
    Since everyone seems to have it working, I may have to try reinstall
    x64. Hate to do that though.

    palladia, May 23, 2006
  10. palladia

    John Barnes Guest

    If you have sounds from the headphones I would guess you have all the other
    options set to mute in one of the sound control programs.

    John Barnes, May 23, 2006
  11. palladia

    palladia Guest

    I must've checked the volume control panel 100 times. Never changed any
    of the controls, so everything is at default volume.

    palladia, May 23, 2006
  12. palladia

    hught1956 Guest

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
    hught1956, May 23, 2006
  13. palladia

    hught1956 Guest

    Re: Audigy 2 ZS Platinum try this link http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=78049

    I used this fellows advice to get my audigy 2 zs up and running I
    would also suggest you make sure your onboard sound is disabled in
    your bios and also download and use driver cleaner pro to uninstall
    your old creative drivers I have found it difficult to completely
    remove drivers otherwise Hope this is a help It is also important
    to follow this tutorial exactly I substitiuted the x64 drivers for
    the 32 bit drivers of course after running driver cleaner and
    before doing anything else Good Luck

    hught1956, May 23, 2006
  14. palladia

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    Sorry, when I was referring to the "remote box", I was referring to the
    external unit. I have the same sound card with the external unit. Are
    all 9 individual volume controls and the main volume control all visible
    (when you click Open Volume Control from the taskbar) and set properly?
    What are all tabs in the Audio Console set to?

    I guess if everything else is set correctly, your only hope is to try
    the Drive Cleaner Pro option first and then if that doesn't work than
    reinstall x64. Make sure, this time, that you remove the sound card,
    install Win XP x64, install the 64 bit sound card drivers, turn off the
    system, then reinstall the sound card and reboot. Make sure that you
    install the sound card driver from the new folder that you created
    (don't let Windows do it, as it might be finding other built-in drivers
    on it's own, although I doubt it.)

    Jay

    jabloomf1230, May 23, 2006
  15. palladia

    palladia Guest

    I've just about exhausted ideas to try...

    I downloaded drive cleaner pro, as someone suggested, ran it, and no
    sound.

    I tried repair install of x64. No sound.

    I then tried complete reinstall of x64. No sound!!!

    I pulled out the card and checked all connectors. No sound still.

    To recap, I get no signal from coxial connector on front panel, or
    analog outputs on back of card. Actually, I shouldn't say completely
    no sound, as I do hear a small thump when computer starts up or shuts
    down. I have checked control panel settings, driver properties, volume
    controls, and played with Creative Audio Console.

    I do get signal from headphone jack on front panel, however!

    So either my sound card died during the upgrade, or driver just isn't
    working correctly. I have sent email to Creative Labs. Let's see if
    they respond.

    palladia, May 24, 2006
  16. palladia

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    Which x64 Audigy driver version are you using again? The latest x64
    driver is dated 1/24/06. It's on the Creative website or here:

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=823

    jabloomf1230, May 25, 2006
  17. palladia

    palladia Guest

    I have the latest driver. Thanks.

    palladia, May 25, 2006
  18. Now it's been a while, but as I remember, those drivers need to be installed
    in a certain sequence, right?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 25, 2006
  19. palladia

    palladia Guest

    What's the sequence?

    I finally heard back from Creative Labs, and those #@!^$ refuses to
    help me, claiming that my card is over 12 months old, and therefore no
    technical support!

    Any other decent soundcard that works under x64?

    palladia, May 25, 2006
  20. palladia

    Rick Guest

    Since they are in an install package, how can you select the sequence to
    install them?

    http://us.creative.com/support/down...hString=SBAX_WEBUP_LB_2_08_0004.exe&x=30&y=14

    The current driver is dated 24 Jan 06. How much more current support do
    you want?

    Rick, May 25, 2006