    Does anyoen know if Creative have released a native driver and utilities?

    Thanks,
    Jon
    Jon Grieve, May 12, 2005

  2. Jon Grieve

    JBM Guest

    "Jon Grieve" <jgrieve@southdown-co-uk> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Does anyoen know if Creative have released a native driver and utilities?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jon

    They haven't, but there is a Beta you could try on preview.creativelabs.com

    Jim M
    JBM, May 12, 2005

  3. Jon Grieve

    The_Rock Guest

    Try this

    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

    The_Rock, May 12, 2005
  4. Jon Grieve

    NedFox Guest

    Check before you post :) This site does NOT contain XP64 drivers. The
    (preview.creativelabs.com)

    =============

    You have selected Audigy 2 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
    To receive support for a different product, click here.

    Sorry, no Creative updates are available for the selected query.

    Please consult our FAQ as there may be built-in native OS support for your
    product or a driver in development.

    ==============

    NedFox, May 12, 2005
  5. JBM wrote:
    > "Jon Grieve" <jgrieve@southdown-co-uk> wrote in message
    >> Does anyoen know if Creative have released a native driver and
    >> utilities? Thanks,
    >> Jon

    > They haven't, but there is a Beta you could try on
    > preview.creativelabs.com
    > Jim M

    I'm using those drivers with my Creative Live! without problems

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 12, 2005
  6. Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 12, 2005
  7. Jon Grieve

    DKI Guest

    some of the software utilities like the thx setup console and surround mixer
    from the cd install work but only only the eax console don't. but some of
    the options from the eax console are in the 64bit driver control panel so
    that you won't need to worry about to much

    DKI, May 12, 2005
  8. Jon Grieve

    The_Rock Guest

    the audigy 2 zs does have the 64 bit drivers ....

    The_Rock, May 13, 2005
  9. Jon Grieve

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Yes, the site does contain x64 Driver's for my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Sound Card (which should be getting delivered to me by UPS any day now).

    Kevin Panzke, May 13, 2005
  10. Jon Grieve

    NedFox Guest

    Oi, rgr that. I would expect to have the same driver for all audigy2
    versions (like Nvidia does for all the GForce cards)..
    I have a plain audigy2 (OEM) and the site does not have 64bit drivers for
    it.. *I* should have looked better :)

    --

    Jan van Zanten

    NedFox, May 13, 2005
  11. Jon Grieve

    Jon Grieve Guest

    Creative seem to be a bit misleading at the moment...

    On the Preview site, they have a set of Beta drivers from 18-Apr, which
    seem to work pretty well. However, these drivers don't seem to ship
    with any of the Creative applets to configure anything, so they are
    pretty basic.

    However, if I go through the usual Downloads links and state I have an
    Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, it offers me two downloads -- a 20Mb drivers
    package for x64 and an applications download. The same two downloads
    are offered if you manually select the card and OS, or use AutoUpdate.

    But, I can't get these to work. The drivers from the Preview site and
    the 20Mb download from the main support site both seem to work ok, but
    the apps. won't run, with an error message stating (something like)
    "cannot detect card".

    Thoughts?

    Jon

    Jon Grieve, May 13, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, May 31, 2005
  13. Morituri-|-Max, May 31, 2005
  14. Morituri-|-Max wrote:
    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Their drivers are out and working now....
    >>http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

    > NOT for the audigy 2 Platinum as yet.
    >
    > Which ones specifically were you referring to?
    >
    > Thanks for the info

    I think these drivers will work with any Audigy 2 card. I have the
    Audigy 2 Value card and they seemed to work the other day but I need to
    reinstall x64 again to make sure.

    -S
    Steve Thompson, May 31, 2005
  15. "Steve Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > Morituri-|-Max wrote:
    >> "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Their drivers are out and working now....
    >>>http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

    >> NOT for the audigy 2 Platinum as yet.
    >>
    >> Which ones specifically were you referring to?
    >>
    >> Thanks for the info
    >>

    > I think these drivers will work with any Audigy 2 card. I have the Audigy
    > 2 Value card and they seemed to work the other day but I need to reinstall
    > x64 again to make sure.

    Cool... did the older drivers tell you that there wasn't a card installed?
    That was my problem in a nutshell.. finally got the integrated audio
    working.. wierd thing is that none of the windows sound effects work... when
    I click a sound, the nvidia equalizer display SHOWS the sound going off, but
    they don't make it out of my speakers... no sound at all audible.
    Morituri-|-Max, May 31, 2005