Audigy 1 on Vista RC1 64-bit - got it working

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Sep 10, 2006.

  1. Hi all,

    to those having troubles installing their Creative Labs
    Soundblaster Audigy 1 soundcard on 64-bit RC1 of Vista:

    I'm not quite sure what I did to make this work, but it's
    working right now. Here's what I did last:

    Right Click command prompt and choose "Run as Administrator".
    Type "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON" (without the quotes).
    This will allow you to install unsigned drivers, which is
    currently required for the creative beta drivers...

    Download TWO sets of drivers from www.creative.com:
    1) The current beta driver for 64-bit Windows Vista
    (SBAXVSD_PCDRV_US_2_10_0000)
    2) The current production driver for 64-bit Windows XP
    (SBAX_WEBUP_LB_2_08_0004)

    Unpack both drivers in their own directories, using e.g. winrar
    from www.rarsoft.com.

    Install the beta driver for 64-bit Windows Vista. If you're
    having the same problems as I did, you will end up with a
    non-working soundcard. But then, as it didn't work before...

    Then go to the device manager, select the audigy, choose
    "update driver", select the option that allows you to manually
    choose a directory, and point the wizard to the
    "\SBAX_WEBUP_LB_2_08_0004\Drivers\wdm" directory, thus installing
    the older 64-bit driver from Windows XP64...

    YMMV, HTH,
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Sep 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    FYI, they've disabled the nointegritychecks option as of a few builds
    back --- bcdedit says it works, but it doesn't have any affect. (You have
    to press F8 at every boot and choose the option to disable it.) That's
    possibly why the Vista driver did not work but the XP x64 one did.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Chris Guest

    "Aaron Kelley" wrote:

    > FYI, they've disabled the nointegritychecks option as of a few builds
    > back --- bcdedit says it works, but it doesn't have any affect. (You have
    > to press F8 at every boot and choose the option to disable it.) That's
    > possibly why the Vista driver did not work but the XP x64 one did.

    Are you sure bcdedit really doesn't work? Somehow, during the last
    driver installs the warning/errors regarding unsigned drivers did NOT
    come up on this machine... Maybe a reboot is needed before the setting
    takes effect?

    I'll retest this whole audigy driver install catastrophe again once my 14
    days grace period has expired and forces me to wipe and reinstall.

    Chris

    Chris, Sep 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Yeah...
    In the Microsoft documentation of this feature (the "nointegritychecks"
    option), they said it would be turned off before RTM. I believe they killed
    it in build 5472. There was a bit of an outcry in the beta newsgroups, but
    really, they have good reason for requiring signed drivers.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 10, 2006
  5. You are right, Aaron.
    The only way I can get my SBLive 24-bit to work on rc1 is by doing the F8
    thing during boot.
    Only two channels but, at least, I got sound.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 10, 2006