Audacity software users.......

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Denny B, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. Denny B

    Denny B Guest

    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    O/S is Windows 98 se

    I downloaded Audacity to allow me to transfer audio tapes to CD.
    Tape recorder Line Output to computer Line Input
    Audacity I select Line In
    Set recording levels with Audacity Vol Control after first setting
    Vol control on computer.
    Record the Audio tape then Save as a .wave file
    Then
    Use Adaptec Easy CD Creator to create an audio CD
    I can create the CD but when I play the created audio CD
    it plays but after every few words it like breaks up for a split
    second then plays OK for a few words then breaks up again
    for a split second.

    Its like if you have a vynal record and it has a scratch through
    the record and every time the needle in the groove passes the
    scratch something is almost lost for a split second and then recovers,
    until the needle in the groove passes the scratch again.

    How can this be corrected?

    Thanks in advance.
    Denny
    Denny B, Oct 18, 2005

  2. Denny B

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:38:18 -0600 If God exists he'll get "Denny B"
    <> for writing this :

    >http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    >
    >O/S is Windows 98 se
    >
    >I downloaded Audacity to allow me to transfer audio tapes to CD.
    >Tape recorder Line Output to computer Line Input
    >Audacity I select Line In
    >Set recording levels with Audacity Vol Control after first setting
    >Vol control on computer.
    >Record the Audio tape then Save as a .wave file

    Test the file at this point.Does it have the problem on playback?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Denny B

    bonokeith Guest

    If the file you created tests ok before you burn it then i bet a penny
    to a pound its your cd burner!

    this happened to me last week putting old vynal records onto cd,
    the file i creeated was fine , but when i burned it to cd it was like
    it was scratched.

    What type of disk are you using? CDR/CDRW etc?

    bonokeith, Oct 18, 2005
  8. Denny B

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 18 Oct 2005 08:42:38 -0700, "bonokeith" <>
    wrote:

    >If the file you created tests ok before you burn it then i bet a penny
    >to a pound its your cd burner!
    >
    >this happened to me last week putting old vynal records onto cd,
    >the file i creeated was fine , but when i burned it to cd it was like
    >it was scratched.
    >
    >What type of disk are you using? CDR/CDRW etc?

    Tell me again why so many people killfile any google groups users?
    Evan Platt, Oct 18, 2005
  9. Denny B

    dadiOH Guest

    bonokeith wrote:
    > If the file you created tests ok before you burn it then i bet a penny
    > to a pound its your cd burner!
    >
    > this happened to me last week putting old vynal records onto cd,
    > the file i creeated was fine , but when i burned it to cd it was like
    > it was scratched.
    >
    > What type of disk are you using? CDR/CDRW etc?

    *VERY* inquisitive, aren't you?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Oct 18, 2005
  10. Denny B

    Denny B Guest

    "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:38:18 -0600 If God exists he'll get "Denny

    B"
    > <> for writing this :
    >
    > >http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    > >
    > >O/S is Windows 98 se
    > >
    > >I downloaded Audacity to allow me to transfer audio tapes to CD.
    > >Tape recorder Line Output to computer Line Input
    > >Audacity I select Line In
    > >Set recording levels with Audacity Vol Control after first setting
    > >Vol control on computer.
    > >Record the Audio tape then Save as a .wave file

    > Test the file at this point.Does it have the problem on playback?

    Shep, yes you can hear when you play back the file it
    has the same problem. I only discovered this after making
    the audio CB from the defective file.
    thanks
    Denny

    Denny B, Oct 19, 2005
  11. Denny B

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:05:03 -0600 If God exists he'll get "Denny B"
    <> for writing this :

    >"Shep©" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:38:18 -0600 If God exists he'll get "Denny

    >B"
    >> <> for writing this :
    >>
    >> >http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    >> >
    >> >O/S is Windows 98 se
    >> >
    >> >I downloaded Audacity to allow me to transfer audio tapes to CD.
    >> >Tape recorder Line Output to computer Line Input
    >> >Audacity I select Line In
    >> >Set recording levels with Audacity Vol Control after first setting
    >> >Vol control on computer.
    >> >Record the Audio tape then Save as a .wave file

    >> Test the file at this point.Does it have the problem on playback?

    >Shep, yes you can hear when you play back the file it
    >has the same problem. I only discovered this after making
    >the audio CB from the defective file.
    >thanks
    >Denny

    Several things to do to make sure recordings are good.

    Defrag the drive/s regularly.
    Stop ALL other unneeded programs from running in the background.
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html

    and you don't know how they may affect the software you are using.

    If you are doing a lot of recording it may be worth your while making
    a,"Profie" purely for recording that has a stripped down boot up.

    If you have two hard drives/partitions then keep the programs and O/S
    on the main drive and use the other drive/partition for saving and
    editing the files.

    This also means you can defrag the,"Work" drive/partition faster.

    Do a test recording on one file again and again until you find the
    best settings and correct setup for your system.File codec conversions
    are very CPU intensive and you should also make sure that ALL your
    drives are in Full (U)DMA mode.

    Neroinfo tool will tell you the condition of your DMA in it's
    configuration tab,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/diag.html

    This is very important.

    Also check that your Device Manager is good using Safemode as per,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Oct 20, 2005