Audacious

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tony Cooper, Jan 26, 2014.

  1. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Tony Cooper, Jan 26, 2014

  2. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Jan 26, 2014

  3. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/25/2014 8:53 PM, PeterN wrote:
    > On 1/25/2014 8:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    >> Back to "street" today.
    >>
    >> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-8HWJv7G/0/X2/2014-01-25-07-X2.jpg
    >>

    > Interesting woman. I like the reverse vignette, it provides a nice and
    > different way of separating the subject from the background.

    sent too soon. I am picking a nit. I owuld have gotton rid of the halo
    caused by sharpening, especially around her hat.

    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU19UXuR1vM>

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jan 26, 2014
  4. Tony Cooper

    philo  Guest

  5. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:03:51 -0600, philo  <> wrote:

    >On 01/25/2014 07:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    >> Back to "street" today.
    >>
    >> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-8HWJv7G/0/X2/2014-01-25-07-X2.jpg
    >>

    >Great !!!!!
    >

    >here are a few I took
    >

    >wife:
    >
    >https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t31/1522608_763455760348462_440787549_o.jpg

    I like that. Normally, for "street", I go for a straight-up black &
    white with strong contrast. But, sometimes, I like to try something
    different as you have.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Jan 26, 2014
  6. Tony Cooper

    philo  Guest

    On 01/25/2014 10:39 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:03:51 -0600, philo <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 01/25/2014 07:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    >>> Back to "street" today.
    >>>
    >>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-8HWJv7G/0/X2/2014-01-25-07-X2.jpg
    >>>

    >> Great !!!!!
    >>

    >> here are a few I took
    >>

    >> wife:
    >>
    >> https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t31/1522608_763455760348462_440787549_o.jpg
    >>

    > I like that. Normally, for "street", I go for a straight-up black &
    > white with strong contrast. But, sometimes, I like to try something
    > different as you have.

    I have been using a very old version of ACDsee for many many years.

    I rarely do more than make slight gamma, brightness and contrast
    adjustments...however I convert quite a few to gray-scale and
    occasionally a sepia as I have done for that one.

    Not often would I spend more than a minute per photo doing adjustments.

    OTOH: On the few occasions where an image needs a lot of work, I just
    let my wife do it in Photoshop.

    The deal in this house is: She does the difficult software stuff and I
    do the hardware.
    philo , Jan 26, 2014
  7. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/25/2014 9:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2014-01-26 02:06:30 +0000, PeterN <> said:

    >>> Interesting woman. I like the reverse vignette, it provides a nice and
    >>> different way of separating the subject from the background.
    >>>

    >> sent too soon. I am picking a nit. I owuld have gotton rid of the halo
    >> caused by sharpening, especially around her hat.
    >>
    >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU19UXuR1vM>

    > Damn! Peter! That has got to be the most excruciating technique to fix
    > haloes resulting from sharpening. Also that was posted in 2011 and had
    > to be made with CS5 & LR3. The new Smart Sharpen algorithm in PS/CC and
    > the sharpening in ACR & LR5 are much better tools these days,
    > particularly if you apply the tools with a tad restraint.

    I don't know the meaning of restraint. ;-)
    I like to push to, and sometimes past, the limits.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jan 26, 2014
  8. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/25/2014 10:03 PM, philo wrote:
    > On 01/25/2014 07:26 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    >> Back to "street" today.
    >>
    >> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-8HWJv7G/0/X2/2014-01-25-07-X2.jpg
    >>

    > Great !!!!!
    >

    > here are a few I took
    >

    > wife:
    >
    > https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t31/1522608_763455760348462_440787549_o.jpg
    >

    > NY @ the Whitney
    >

    > https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1500885_763462990347739_473623079_o.jpg

    I like 'em both, but for different reasons. Wife, conveys emotion, and
    uses a different approach.
    The Whitney is a neat abstraction.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jan 26, 2014
  9. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:10:50 -0500, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 1/25/2014 9:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> sent too soon. I am picking a nit. I owuld have gotton rid of the halo
    >>> caused by sharpening, especially around her hat.
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU19UXuR1vM>

    >> Damn! Peter! That has got to be the most excruciating technique to fix
    >> haloes resulting from sharpening. Also that was posted in 2011 and had
    >> to be made with CS5 & LR3. The new Smart Sharpen algorithm in PS/CC and
    >> the sharpening in ACR & LR5 are much better tools these days,
    >> particularly if you apply the tools with a tad restraint.

    >I don't know the meaning of restraint. ;-)
    >I like to push to, and sometimes past, the limits.

    The Duck evidently doesn't understand that not all users of Adobe
    products have PS/CC and/or Lightroom.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Jan 26, 2014
  10. Tony Cooper

    philo  Guest

    On 01/26/2014 10:13 AM, PeterN wrote:
    > On 1/25/2014 10:03 PM, philo wrote:
    >> OX
    >>

    >> NY @ the Whitney
    >>

    >> https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1500885_763462990347739_473623079_o.jpg
    >>

    > I like 'em both, but for different reasons. Wife, conveys emotion, and
    > uses a different approach.
    > The Whitney is a neat abstraction.

    Thanks.

    BTW: One of these days my wife plans to do a painting based on a photo
    she took in that room.

    The museum is in the process of moving to another location
    and that special room may not be created again.
    philo , Jan 26, 2014