Auction tool suggestion?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gita lal, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. gita lal

    gita lal Guest

    Hey there. I'm looking for an application to manage my Ebay auctions,
    as both a buyer and seller. I don't need something with design
    templates, or anything that connects to a server for image storage..
    nothing like that. Currently, I use Epigroove's
    (http://www.epigroove.com) A.I.D. While I *really* like this
    software, it was created with Filemaker, and as such is buggy as hell,
    and doesn't work like a native Windows app. It's been good for a
    coupla years, but now I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. I would love to
    find something that's as much like it as possible, but started out a
    Windows app. I've tried all the major freeware/shareware sites of
    which I'm aware, and have given all the apps a shot, but haven't found
    anything to my liking. (I wish Collectorz.com would write an app like
    this, I know they'd get it right.)

    I was hoping that perhaps someone might know of something I've not yet
    found on my own. Would appreciate any suggestions (short of "write
    your own" - I'm not capable of that right now :( ).

    Thanks!

    ..g

    * drop your pants to reply via e-mail ;)

    gita lal, Jul 6, 2003

  2. gita lal

    SgtMinor Guest

    Something here, maybe?: http://auctioninsights.com/

    I've no personal experience with any auction software but if you see a
    nice looking listing, why not "ask the seller a question" about the
    software used -- in many cases the listing mentions it by name and
    version. And don't forget the discussion boards and chat rooms at eBay.

    SgtMinor, Jul 6, 2003

  3. gita lal

    gita lal Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:05:45 -0400, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >Something here, maybe?: http://auctioninsights.com/

    Hey, thanks for link, SgtMinor :) Unfortunately, I didn't find
    anything I really liked this time around, but I'll keep it around and
    check it from time to time.

    >I've no personal experience with any auction software but if you see a
    >nice looking listing, why not "ask the seller a question" about the
    >software used -- in many cases the listing mentions it by name and
    >version.

    Sorry I wasn't clear in my initial request. I don't need assistance
    in creating the listing, just keeping track of current auctions on
    which I'm bidding, or items I'm selling.

    >And don't forget the discussion boards and chat rooms at eBay.

    Hey, there's a thought. Duh. I've never used 'em, so it didn't even
    occur to me. Gotta love when you completely miss the most obvious
    course of action, eh?

    Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, I'll be sure to check
    out those resources.

    gita lal, Jul 8, 2003