    "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

    -------------
    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

    Kenny, Apr 10, 2006

  2. Kenny

    john Guest

    What does the manual say? Do what it says.

    --
    Kenny - www.ComputerBoom.com

    -Arthur C. Clarke

    john, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Kenny

    PC Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > MSI m/b which has the socket for the 4 pin 12V ATX CPU power connector.
    > CPU is Athlon XP 2000.
    > Odd thing is that it works either with this connected or without, how come
    > and which way should I leave it?
    >
    > --
    > Kenny Cargill
    >
    > "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."
    >

    > -------------
    > Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

    Kenny

    The extra connector supplys extra current if the CPU installed needs it.
    I would tend to leave it connected on the basis that it spreads the load.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the replies, will leave it connected.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

    Kenny, Apr 11, 2006