ATWI80D - Memo from TCM

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Film Buff, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Received this from TCM today and it is TRUE!!!!!

    Subject
    Around the World in 80 Days - 1956

    Discussion Thread
    Response (LEFT) - 02/25/2004 01:48 PM
    ATWI80D will be released in its original, letterboxed 182-min version
    on DVD from Warner Home Video in May.
    Hopefully we will be able to broadcast this in the near future.

    TCM Web Staff

    Customer (X) - 02/24/2004 09:46 PM
    Sir
    Whenever this film is shown on TCM it is always shown FULL SCREEN instead of in its original Letterboxed aspect ratio.
    Doesn't a wide screen print exist for this film?
    I have never seen it shown on TCM in the Letterbox format
    My wife and I would love to see it again in its true letterbox format.
    If you could answer I would appreciate it
    Thank you

    Film Buff, Feb 26, 2004